myLot Needs A New Category!!!

@myklj999 (20970)
We've got "discussions I have started", "replied to", "friends started", "my interests" and so on. How about "discussions I have had deleted"? That could be a real helpful category to have, so maybe we could study them and learn what we did wrong. What say you?
@savypat (20246)
Not a bad idea, but I'd say the chances of this are slim to non. Still i think the guide lines need to be explained or maybe the computer just needs to be updated. I've been slapped a couple of time because a word I used had another meaning which had nothing to do with my discussion. It was really funny.
• Israel
I've been censored when talking about cats and dogs. There are several acceptable words in the animal loving community that have other rather bad meanings to dirty or mean minded people. I just don't use those words. It's a pain being censored due to other people not being able to talk nice, but the computer doesn't differentiate between someone talking about their female dog or a troll insulting someone.
@James72 (26829)
Count me in mykl! I only have a few of those myself but I like the sounds of not only being able to check what went wrong; but also having some sort of a museum housing my non-conformist discussion artifacts! Oh yeah..... Sign me up! WE should also have a "Mylot Scumbags Hall of Fame" I reckon!
[i]Hello James72, Looks like a good idea. I will surely avoid the category if I can. I don't want being a member of "Mylot Scumbags Hall of Fame". Regards. [/i]
@riyasam (16571)
you know the saying GREAT MINDS,THINK ALIKE.co-incidently i was thinking along the same lines too.my posts when i logged in today were 6531 and magic,you can say,now it has become6513. have a nice day.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Then after we see them we can copy them from others and put our name on them and see if they get deleted again right?
That would be helpful, since the ones I have had deleted were rather mundane and not in violation at all. I have responded to several, that were in violation, but they were just for fun, and were deleted. I have responded to a few that weren't in violation that were deleted just because someone got a bug up their backside. So, being able to go back and look at them to try to figure out why, could be helpful.
@Anne18 (11036)
That sounds like a really good idea, I hope mylot read and do one for us
@Chevee (5915)
Great idea.. I say go for it.. I agree, because I can get mixed up in a heartbeat sometimes. I really would like to see a that one listed. It would help a lot of us out. I can't remember all those guidelines violations. Thanks I hope they list it.
@Margarit (3677)
Well thats good so we could track all those deleted discussion. But I havent experience yet that my discussion has been deleted even though i have some discussion that i think i violated to rules and regulation here. It would be better to add another category, "deleted responses" for i have plenty of those things.
Hi myklj99, Great idea, and theun we could ask the mylotter why they deleted our discussions and have a debate on the topic and get a trad going. Great. Tamara
@mysdianait (64381)
hahaha! I haven't been very active later because I was awya but all I see now I'm back are THOSE discussions! You could well be right!
@justinus (1110)
• Karawaci, Indonesia
agreed! and the topic also, for example why didn't myLot make EDUCATION as another topic, like "relationship", "make extra money", "people", "health" and so on.
@justinus (1110)
• Karawaci, Indonesia
ok, thank you. I just needed to post and I choosed to respond your topic, because I sometimes doubt of what to post at myLot.
@nilzerous1 (2435)
Innovative idea but I am afraid to say that I can not sign the petition for starting a category that reflects a negative attitude; I believe it is always better to glorify achievements and good side of life - and the same is true for myLot as well. Any discussion that violates myLot T.O.S will be deleted. That's quite obvious. And hopefully, if we stick to the T.O.S there is no reason for us to worry about our discussions getting deleted. Cheers!
@myklj999 (20970)
If you think only discussions that violate TOS get deleted, I must assume you live in a fantasy world. No offense, but that is not how it works here unfortunately.
If that has ever been materialized I would really be surprised. I thought of adding one more line to my above response but did not. Now I feel it is also important. In mylot a discussion is treated as a continuous thread, so, responses are integral part of a discussion. And therefore sometimes discussion with response(s) violating T.O.S gets deleted. I had once started such a discussion which was deleted fully for some responses violating T.O.S.
some of those deleted have x rated filth in them that I personaly dont want to see again!
@myklj999 (20970)
The majority of them don't, and were simply deleted because trolls run around reporting them as violations, knowing that myLot does not view the posts before deletion, merely relying upon users to say what stays and what goes.
@Roseo8 (2947)
Yes this a good and essential suggestion....And going by the number of innocent and simple discussions that get deleted,mylot should also explain ,what discussion guide line had been violated,in the discussion..........
@paula27661 (15899)
That would be good. I've had a couple deleed and honestly I am still uncertain of the reasons. It would be good to see what others think.
@KrauseHome (35507)
Personally, I think you are on to something here. It would be interesting to see this one actually. That in turn might be able to help give us more insight to why a discussion might have been deleted in here, and especially help out the Newbies coming in here all of the time now for sure. Maybe you should send this thought in as more of a suggestion and see what happens from there as well.
@lexus54 (3576)
That I feel is a very positive idea, and I support it. For a long time now, members have usually been wondering why they've gotten their earnings deducted (usually due to deleted posts) or why certain of their posts have disappeared overnight. If only they have some visibility of that for their own reference, including the reason for their deletion, that will be helpful and educational for members so they can avoid the same 'mistakes'. Alternatively if myLot can't provide this feature, maybe they can give members access to a common masterlist of all deleted discussions/discussion posts and displaying a reason why such discussions have violated their T&Cs.
I think this is funny.. But no I do not want the category. If I deleted it I do not want to look at it again!
@umart13 (841)
Hello myklj999, well I do agree that MyLot needs new categories. I am often surprised at the categories that the various discussions are sorted under and although it's nice to see that you are ranked in xth place among xx thousand religious or cinema experts, I don't have much faith in how the categories are ordered. As for "discussions" I have had deleted - it is one idea, but I think that we need a whole range of new classifications. Have a good weekend. Umart
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
I think it goes against mylot rules. Usually no reasons are given when a post is deleted. I don't think that the administration would put such a category. Even discussions about deleted posts finally end up deleted. © ronaldinu 2008