The best black friday shopping EVER!

@tlb0822 (1412)
I swear this year was the best black friday shopping ever. There were awesomly great deals this year that I couldn't even imagine would be. I had put a layaway at kmart earlier this month and put about three hundred and seventy five dollars away. Well black friday I cut my that in half. So I cancelled my layaway and got everything I needed for my daughter for about one hundred and eighty dollars. I mean wow. That is really good. Of course the stores were a whole lot more packed then they were last year, but it was defiantly worth it. It was sad to hear though of those who dont get into the spirit of being nice and kind to others. The worker who was trampled to death at a walmart after opening the doors, a fight at a local target causing the stores shut down for an hour, and the shooting at a toys r us. How petty some people are. I'm sorry but no toy or item in the world is worth a human life or any life for that fact. I hope that next year people can be more respectful of others. So did you get any great deals with black friday shopping? Any black friday shopping stories or incidence that you know about? Please share and happy holidays?
@MizzLadyB08 (1175)
I wouldn't say that it was because a man working at Walmart in Long Island, NY lost his life when over 200 people stampede over him while he was trying to open the doors for them. It was so bad that they took the doors off the hinges. They could at least gave him time to get out of the way and they di not even stop after it happen. I have never been out on black friday and from the looks of I do not think I want to go out on that day. You see on the news where people are getting hurt over material things. I am glad that you had a wonderful time. I am not about to go out and get myself hurt over saving a few dollars.
@tlb0822 (1412)
It was defaintly sad to hear about people getting hurt over material things. I am luck enough to live in a small town, and things like that don't usually happen. I think it is all in good spirit, and some people just don't know how to act properly. It was a wonderful time shopping for my daughters first christmas with my fiance and I think that I will be out next year to do it again. Thanks for the response and happy mylotting.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey tlb! Glad you had a nice Black Friday! I would never go near a store on Black Friday just because of the things that did happen yesterday. It is not worth risking my life for a bargain! I am terrified of crowds to begin with and I live in NY where the people are crazy to begin with! There is no way I would ever consider shopping on that day! I don't live in the area where the man was trampled, but it could happen where I live easily! No thanks, I will wait for a day during the week and go Christmas shopping. I won;t even go on the weekends until after the holidays. I just can't deal with the pushing and shoving and nastiness of the people! It's supposed to be a happy season! Well not here! I am glad that you did so well and you enjoyed yourself and got home safely. My boyfriend went to one of the malls yesterday and bought a few things for himself for his birthday which was last week. He said the mall was packed and I would have had a fit!