Is it fine to share everything with a new partner?

kiss  - kiss
France
I mean about stories, background and stuffs? I'm the kind of spiritual guy and the more I know about the person, the more I love this one. If I could, I would just listen about the whole life of my partner, good and wrong sides as I would be able to say all about me. Is there anything wrong about it?
@mentalward (14697)
No way! The more you share, the sooner you'll know that other person better! The day my husband (then future-husband) and I met, we talked on the telephone for 10 hours! Yeah, you heard me right... 10 hours! Our marathon telephone conversation involved everything under the sun! We talked about everything... good and bad. By the time we actually met in person, it was like we'd known each other our whole lives! My step-father did that with my mother, too. When they first began dating, he told her everything there was to know about himself. He wanted her to know everything right away because he was quite smitten by her. Likewise, she told him everything about herself. So, is this YOUR new partner you're talking about? Something you want to share?
@gr8life (6253)
Hello Cannonball, I love to share everything with my husband. I don't want to keep any secrets from him. But, after living together with him for many years, I realized that not all things I can share with him. He doesn't like to hear about my past relationships or anything that I did which is unrelated to my life with him now. So, I stopped telling him everything that he doesn't want to hear...
• France
Yup, I kind of understand this thing.
@gr8life (6253)
Hello Cannonball, Wow! Nice number! Congratulations on your 1000th post!
• France
Thanks
@Anne18 (11036)
You don't want to share everything with a new partner yyou want to save stuff to chat about at a later date. And what happens if you share deep sercets with a parnter you don't know very well and then part.. who knows what they will do with all your sercets
• France
I couldn't agree with you more.
@roo2605 (40)
i tell my boyfriend everything. i dont open up straight away though, just because i've been hurt before. I like knowing that i know most things about my boyfriend. I'm sure i'll never know everything about him, but i like knowing a lot =]
• France
Me also.
There is nothing wrong about knowing everything about your partner(but it still depends on your partner if she is ready to unload herself on you and share everything to you. it will take her one step at a time because she just needs timing on when to tell about her pasts). You just have to be prepared and be ready to accept her pasts and backgrounds. Acceptance is the issue when you need to know about the background of your partner. It's a good thing that you listen more to your partner. But, just do not cross the limit or boundary of knowing all about her (you might touch the thing to what they call "privacy". everybody needs that. you know, leaving something for oneself.) :)
• France
I'm very ok with the fact my partner feel like telling me everything, even the wrong parts.
I would say it depends. Its very good to be completely open and honest in a relationship, but you have to make sure that the person is the right person, and its the right time to do so. If you spring this on a person too soon, it may scare them away; tell the wrong person, and the whole world may know every secret about you. So all I can say is take your time and find out what type of person you are dealing with before you spring the life story on them.
• France
That's a great attitude.
@williamjisir (22905)
Hello Cannonball. I think that it is ok to do so, but if there is something that does not make you feel good about your past, then it is not bad to leave it behind without exposing it any more. Take care.
@magojordan (3254)
I think it is ok as long as you let your partner tell you about it on her own pace. Asking too much or telling too much might not be good. Maybe letting things go on their own pace would be better.
@littleone3 (2065)
I think it is fine to share everything with a new partner as long as both of you are happy to do that. I know that i have not shared everything about my past with my partner as some of the things that happened are just too painful to bring up. I would rather leave them in the past. But he is fine with it as he understands.
• France
It sounds good for a better understanding.
I know when I first met my husband, I did not tell him everything. I guess it depends on what you are telling him and what you need to share is it something worth sharing with that person. I know as our relationship progressed we started to share more about each others lives. But yes it depends on what you are sharing.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
Well let me just say this "It's better to go ahead and say everything before your friend blurts it out" My fiance and I pretty much told everything to one another, there were some things that were touchy, more on the jealousy, and we never have talked about in full.... I usually end up finding more out by one of his friend's, I won't call them stupid as they didn't know. It's confusing as well as my fiance and my cousin both dated the same girl at one point, and sometimes when they talk about it (usually because my cousin brings it up) I just nod and say "uh huh"... I get jealous easily as it is... It's great to know everything though, it makes you feel stronger and closer to the person. If your going to marry, everything that is guilting you should be told..
@marketing07 (6266)
• South Korea
hi cannonball,theres nothing wrong about it..its really cool..goodluck have a nice day
@jesbellaine (4157)
Hi There. I guess it depends. If you really trust your relationship or your new partner then it is okay to tell him everything. My man and I had been going out for 2 years or so now and I am very comfortable telling him everything I want to share with him. I trust him so much… and I am glad that he trusts me too. It is cool! Cheers!
I would want to know everything about my partner and I would like her to know everything about me, the good and the bad. I believe if you love somebody you should know as much as possible about that person, besides, it is a pretty powerful thing when someone lets their most inner thoughts and secrets out for you to know them.
I don't think its wrong. However, if the other person doesn't feel comfortable about sharing everything, I think that's fine also. Some people are just made like that.
@sunita64 (6474)
Well sharing is the backbone of a partnership. Even I feel that partners should share but sometimes you have an interest in which your partner does not have any liking so sharing that interest will make him bored. Or if suppose you are a non technical person and your partner is highly technical and wants to share, then the only thing one can do is to listen,since you care so you listen but actually that can be very boring as well. So in a nutshell I feel it is better to have a partner with whom one has lots and lots common interests and then sharing is enjoyable.
i think its always good share all the things with our partner .this make us comfortable with them.by sharing only we can get closer to them.if you share each and every thing in your life,your new partner will have trust in you.but its not too good to share the past things with your partner as it may affect the current relationship with them...........happy myloting .......have a nice day........
@zhangfzoe (432)
To be hoest to share everything to each other is good. But it really depends on whether you parnter is willing and ready to share everything with you. Especially, what she should share is a sorrow memory, she needs time and courage to share the deep sorrow with you. Or she will not tell you the sad, but it doesn't mean she dislove you. On the contrary, she hope you'll be happy. She is not willing to let her past sorrow to bother you.
@riyasam (16578)
there is a school of thought which says the life now is important,the past is immaterial but i do not agree with this.i am of the opinion that i should know everything and he about me.
hell no do not even risk it because i think it is a way for women to get control over men so dont dare. let her guess about it.