The Flaky Fruit Cake.

@Chevee (5915)
I am looking at the news, and I just started a discussion on Fruit cakes. Well this one is about the flaky headed Fruit cake. A woman left her small child in the car and left the motor running and ran inside a Dollar store for just a few minutes, well it only takes a few minutes,,a thief stole the car with the small child inside. Thank God the child was found safe inside the stolen car at an apartment complex. Now that was a major Fruit Cake. I bet she will think twice before she does this again. I don't even leave my car running outside in my driveway. If any mothers out there doing this please stop this is dangerous. It only takes a blink of an eye and your child and car is gone.
There it is, the perfect definition for "fruit cake." I never take chances like that with my daughter, heck I'm concerned to let her go walking with her dad (just overly protected). You're right it only takes a couple of minutes for something to happen. I'm just glad that the baby's safe and sound
Hi Chevee, What a stupid woman, has she no brains, I cannot believe some people can be so stupid, hope that will teach her a lesson. Hugs. Tamara
@lilcee (2704)
Hi Chevee. I don't know what goes on inside some people's heads these days. I hear all the time about things like this and in the summer there is always someone leaving a child in a hot car. Think people, think!.
@camomom (7537)
Wow, some people are idiots!!!
@bamakelly (5194)
It never ceases to amaze me the stories I hear about mothers that leave their children behind or are a little hasty for time's sake. There is nothing that should make a mother or father feel that they should leave their child in a running motor car. There is nothing more precious then your own child. I would never think to to something like this. I would take the time to take my own son out of a car and bring him in. Something terrible like the car or child being stolen is a lesson that I wouldn't really want anyone to have to learn. It is true that it only takes but a second or the blink of the eye and your whole world could change.
It amazes me how often something like this happens, how often it turns out badly and that people continue to do it. I can't imagine something being so important and you needing it so badly that you'd risk loss of property and, even worse, risking the well-being of your child.
@riyasam (16578)
this like this do happen nowadays!!!!!!it is always better to take precautions,than to cry later over split milk.thank goodness for the mom that she got the child back safe.
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
I totally agree with you. I have never left kids in a running vehicle, and when I start my van in the intention of leaving it run I use my remote starter.
@eaforeman6 (8983)
People should know by whats been on the news and the legal issues of leaving a child alone in the car. When will people just not do this at all? It is just way too dangerous , anytime and never, ever should be done.