If you are against animal abuse, then you need to grow up and you have no brain

@LittleMel (14055)
The title is a summary of the comments I've heard and read, about those against animal abuse (myself included). I used to post on Yahoo answer to get more people signing on petition against animal abuse such as animals skinned alive in China fur industry etc. Somebody posted a reply saying that I should grow up. My account was banned shortly after that, it's not a biggie since I don't have any friends there and I only posted there for the sake of getting more signatures for petitions anyway. But one time I also read video comments on MSN saying that those against animal abuse have no brains and need to get a job! Now I am sure most mylotters know what is animal abuse and what is not. So what do you say about those who are against animal abuse. Are these people immature, unemployed, brainless, useless etc? If you are against animal abuse, what do you think about those calling you all that just because you love animals and stand up against animal abuse?
I am on the fence. There are some animals that i feel should be killed ie Rats. I feel that if they're going to be killed anyways why not put them to good use. (scientific experiments)I bring this up because to some this is also considered a form of animal abuse. I do not agree to any person who owns an animal that they should abuse them in any way though. IE people who raise dog fighters, any person who on a regular basis beats their animal is wrong. However some animals don't learn through other means ie water spraying etc. This is when I think a good little smuck teaches them. My cat when I first got her bit many people. Not a nibble but a hard bite. after a few smucks here and there she has never returned to that behavior I have never had to raise a hand to her since and she is very obedient. Now I don't me haul out and throttle the thing but enough so that they know what they're doing is wrong. usually I'll give her a tap with one finger on the nose cats and dogs really don't like this but they learn. and it's a lot nicer than hauling off and smacking the bejesus out of your animal. and its more effective than spraying water, trust me we tried that route and it didn't work.
@LittleMel (14055)
I know what you mean, and no that is hardly animal abuse It really bothers me how people can call those against animal abuse need to grow up etc this means they agree to it, even if only to a certain degree I hope one day they will suffer just what abusers do to harmless animals it seems that's the only way they will grow up and see the world as it is
Rats are lovely animals. Smart, independant and very, very loving. I used to share my breakfast with mine, adorable little thing. :)
@LittleMel (14055)
I can't see her tapping the cat on its nose as animal abuse but I agree with mysticrose that if it's true the 2% figure, we should find another way of experimenting I didn't think scientists would just do the experiments without future treatment on the animals they experimented on but then again who would know what happened to the blind and sick animals after experiment? Labs are not open to the public to sneak around and see and if we are going to stop this forever, how are they going to experiment? if they can do this to animals, they surey can't be trusted on conducting experimen on humans - this is a big dilemma
@polachicago (19073)
Comments like the one from Yahoo answer makes me very upset. Banned account for staying on animal rights? Yahoo has to think twice. Maybe Yahoo moderators are abusers themselves....
@polachicago (19073)
I believe in Karma, they will pay it back....
@LittleMel (14055)
they will, pola it's how it works
animal abuse without any proper reason or purpose, is brainless. but if it is required by sceintific community, it has to be done, no choice
@LittleMel (14055)
I know some things we can't help it but to call people against animal abuse as "need to grow up, have no brain and need to get a job" is stupid, don't you think?
@skbh12 (2950)
[b]hi littlemel! those who told you to grow up must tell them TO THEMSELVES... killing an animal is not nice for they are the ones who helps us live in this cruel world. that is also nice of you to do something for abused animals by encouraging people to sign on petitions to stop the animal abuse. i hate it whenever i hear news or read stories such as these that animals are being skinned alive to have their fur and sell them to stores. that is very brutal of them and it is not amazing at all. boohoo to them.. sigh. at least there are people like you to gets in the abusers way and encourages other people to start loving animals for the good and not treat them like just a trash.. happy posting and happy mylotting![/b]
@LittleMel (14055)
they are not worth responding too plus it isn't like mylot where you can comment on each response at least that was how it worked when I was banned last year but I never go back and check anymore in fact with mylot, who needs to go back there anyway
@bamakelly (5194)
I am of course any kind of abuse. When it comes to animals it is still hurting a living thing and I don't find that right to do. I wouldn't take it too personally what these people have said about needing to grow up. The people who abuse animals or don't understand those against it just don't see where people like us are coming from. Ther is nothing wrong with caring about animals and their safety.
@LittleMel (14055)
I can only hope that they just 'don't understand' not 'agreeing' or 'supporting' animal abuse in any degree if they are, however, I hope someday they will suffer the same pain that abusers caused to harmless animals that way they will not be as stupid as they sound
they are the ones who need to grow up. animals have just as much feeling as we do. they feel pain too.
@LittleMel (14055)
well said
@Monkeyrose (2850)
haha that statement just doesn't make sense. I mean I don't even think I'd respond to that.
@LittleMel (14055)
I didn't respond, I couldn't anyway I just hope they will feel what animals feel when being abused that should wake their brains up
some people will never change their mind.. Just like some people think its okay to beat women or moleste children or hate black people. All we can hope for is that the good and just will overcome. Basically do what you can. Animal abuse is really sad. There are some societies like SPCA that do a lot of work to get abused animals out of these homes. Recently they found a puppy mill where i live with 50 dogs.
@LittleMel (14055)
yeah it's nothing new they found puppy mills a few times this year if not mistaken forgot where exactly I just hope one day it will stop completely
@Loverbear (4928)
I call the arrogant ignorant people trying to pass themselves off as human. I keep saying the same thing time after time. Human call animals lower life forms because we don't understand their way of communicating. Is the animal the lower life form or are we? I tend to vote for us, as the tendency is for humans to look down on people and animals that they don't understand. Does the lack of understanding give approval for us to mistreat and abuse animals and other humans? I agree with the one columnist that stated that people who abuse animals have an extremely strong tendency to abuse other humans. I can prove it by the fact that my brother abused all the family pets, and he also abused me both physically and sexually. As for being brainless and needing to get a job, I am attending college and work three jobs...and I am still very much against animal abuse. I have had people try to accuse me of being brainless etc for being against animal abuse, and I have always been able to turn their words against them and make them see my point of view.
@LittleMel (14055)
sorry to hear what happened to you this is what I don't get, how is animal abuse different from any kind of abuse what makes people think that those who abuse animals will not abuse humans?
@LittleMel (14055)
"It is those that have either no feelings for anyone other than themselves or animal abusers that will call us who do care about the safety of the animal world brainless." Very well said. In fact it is rather brainless to call animal lovers brainless. since without brains how can humans (animal lovers in this regard) function in daily life anyway.
@LittleMel (14055)
agreed to all that you said thank you so much for being open about your life experience here it does prove that abusive people can harm anything and anyone I wish more and more people can see this and stop thinking that animal lovers need to grow up etc it's ridiculous
@zeny_zion (1284)
they are the one who dont have brains. you see there no difference between animals and humans. we all have the right to live and we all have brains too. the only difference is the features. we are human and they are animals but its still the same. whatever right we have they must have it too. people who dont love animals are selfish and brainless.
@LittleMel (14055)
that's true I never heard animals have no brains they just don't work the way ours do
@bestboy19 (5482)
I find the expression "grow up" an odd one. Are they saying by the time you are grown you should know to be cruel? I have heard that when children are cruel to animals, it often leads to worse behavior, such as serial killings. Is that the grown up behavior they are aiming for?
@LittleMel (14055)
I think they associate adults that love animals, to kids wanting pets as gifts so when they were kids they must've been those who wanted pets but when given a pet, they just threw it away not wanting the responsibility of caring it
If someone has no voice, it is the duty of those who have one to stand up for them. Animals cannot complain or campaign. They can't explain why they need our protection. They need our voice. People who are against animal rights are usually uneducated as to the suffering. Either that or they don't care about anyone or anything other than themselves. And that's just wrong.
@LittleMel (14055)
so I hope they will learn what suffering means let's see how they feel being skinned alive
How odd that your account would be banned temporarily when you are the one who was in the right? I would fear people who didn't care about animal abuse. I don't what it says about a person who finds nothing wrong with it.
@LittleMel (14055)
they gave me a chance to appeal (as if it's some kinds of court sentence...) and I did ask them why it was banned but no reply and still banned for all the time I was there all I was doing was looking for signatures; asking people about small business bookkeeping, which phone company provides good service and what to do about my profile page LOL probably 5 topics which are nothing compared to my activity on mylot I wasn't even spamming, each petition links to different animal abuse event but anyway who cares about that site? permanent or temporary ban, I'm not wasting time there I'd rather sign up for another community for that purpose It's just that the video comment reminds me of that yahoo answer response and so I posted this on mylot
@chocsie (262)
• Greece
I am against animal abuse-- totally!! And I don't get what's with all the hatred against animal-lovers!! The people who think this way are the ones who are immature, brainless etc. It seriously annoys me! Animals have feelings too, and they deserve to be able to live their life in peace!!
@LittleMel (14055)
it irks me to no end too let's see how they will fare when skinned alive
@rodveiga (335)
• Portugal
I guess they're brainless. I would call them animals but that would be a compliment so I just will call them beasts. I wish they found someone on their way that treat them like they think the animals should be treated: someone that betas them, skin them, abandon them to die. Then, maybe they'll think they miserable, but it's just what they deserve. I am sorry,, maybe I was too hard on this but I think animals are souls too, and they deserve to be treated like something that matters, not just like fur stuff or something...
@LittleMel (14055)
very true can't call them animals, that's an understatement