MY younger sister is getting married next year...

@Zelmarq (11503)
Cebu City, Philippines
I congratulated her and she asked me if i could be her maid of honor, i refused. I told her to get our younger sister instead.I dont want to be busy on that time, i just want to be no so noticed.
@se7enthbird (8327)
in behalf of my wife and my cute son har har har. we would like to great your sister a big bang of congrats and hope she will be happy forever. why did you refuse. it is in our tradition that sisters and brothers are included with the entourage. dont worry maybe people will notice you but still all the eyes will be on the bride. you are sucj a shy person.... but well that is your decision then i know your family will respect it.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I already refused and I think its ok with her. I can help her with other things I just dont want to be the maid of honor, its better that she just request the younger sister not me. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!
@Cerego (117)
What did she say? If she asked you, then it sounds like she wants you, and not your younger sister, to be her maid of honor. If she wanted her maid of honor to be your younger sister, she would have said so. I think you should make her happy for her big day, and say yes.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I told her i can help her with other things and for other preparations but i dont like to be the maid of honor, i can do the thank you cards and all other things for her.
@Lakota12 (42684)
Well congrats to her and why dont ya want to be noticed ? I know there is alot of work for the mais of honor I think never had one myself But I think you would have fun doing it.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Well its never fun, i was maid of honor before and I just dont like the feeling of it. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!
@Lakota12 (42684)
ok ya been there and done that . your welcome hugs and blessings
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thank you very much my friend.
Will you be attending the wedding then? I'm just wondering why you would not be her Maid of Honor... I have been asked twice and have accepted both times! considering, also , that it is your sister...Doesn't really make sense to me ~Heavens~
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Yes i will be attending the wedding, but i dont like to be maid of honor. Maybe i have issues but id settle to be our younger sister to be the maid of honor.
There is no shame in being your Sister's Maid of Honor... Here in Canada it is tradition for siblings to be included in the Wedding Party and an Older Sister is quite common to have in that role with the others being Brides Maids. Making your sister happy is the most important thing as it is her day! I am still not understanding why you can not do this for her! ~Heavens~
Thanks so much for best response! I do hope that you decided to fulfill this role in your sister's wedding! ~Heavens~
What will happen if your younger sister does not want to do it either will you step in then?
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
She didnt refuse and will do my part instead. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!
@pinklilly (3446)
oh, that's sad why would you refuse... why don't you want to be noticed? I would find it hard to refuse if I was asked, it's their special day, it would be a privlage to be asked to join in.. You say you don't want to be busy... You will be more busy doing cards and things... Oh well I wish your sister all the Best...
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I can do that before the wedding and I lovedoing and just on the back ground. I dont like to be the center of any attention. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!
i can't blame you.my cousin asked me years ago-i was going to say no due to distance and days involved,but my mom went ahead and accepted for me i ended up losing work time and a lot of money doing it. she had silk bridesmaid dresses.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I was maid of honor before and i surely didnt like the feeling, id rather help on other important preparations for her wedding. Thak you for sharing and have a nice day!
@mipen2006 (5528)
Do you mean bridesmaid? Maid of honor is the name used for married ladies standing for the bride. I think you should reconsider. Your sister obviously loves you and wants you to be there with for your sister's sake. her, please reconsider, even just for your sister's sake.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
NO its not bride's maid, its maid of honor. I was maid of honor on my aunt's weddign and I didnt like the feeling of it, id rther be on the sideline and help for the other details of the wedding. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!
zelmarq, i dont have a sister , and i will never refuse ... but i understand the wanting to be "not noticed" but there must be some hidden reason for it .. if there is please dont have low self esteem cheers
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I just want to foucs on the other important things for the wedding and i want to make sure all things will flow smoothly on that big event. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!
@roniroxas (10576)
COME' ON AND PARTY.... that is good news to hear. i know everyone in your family is very excited for this wonderful celebration. i am sure you will be a very beautiful abay, but we can not witness that for you refused to be one. sayang naman . lol. but this is a wonderful celebration. CONGRATS and wish for a lot of HAPPINESS
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I would like to help in other things. If i am the maid of honor I wont be able to fully focus on the details and the other needs of her wedding and as older sister I want to do that myself. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!
@riyasam (16578)
that is indeed good news.congrats from my side too.may she have all the happiness in the world.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thank you very much my friend and thank you also for sharing. Take care and have a nice day!
@aseretdd (13736)
Congratulations to your sister... a wedding is always something to be happy about... i think you made the right decision in letting your younger sister be the maid of honor... she would really enjoy dressing up and the attention... but i don't think you will not be so busy that time... because there are guests to attend to... and you will have to take care of you sisters... in terms of their make-up and gowns...
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Yes, in my age, i prefer to be on the sidelines and the one giving care and attention rather than someone who will be taken cared of. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!
@chiaeugene (2226)
i am surprised you rejected. i believed your sister must have considered all possibilities before deciding to invite you and since you are sisters, she mush have wished that you would give her the honour to have your presence and yet u rejected. i am not sure about your reasons but i think marriage is once a lifetime and each one wants it to be a sacred, memorable and happy event and wants to share the joy and invite those to partake in it. If you are not taking up the invites, i am not sure how will your sister take it cos she may think differently. you may think she is ok or does not mind but inside her heart, you will never know
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I am going to the weding of course but I dont like to be the maid of honor. I just dont like the idea, im the kind of person who just wants to be on th side line. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!