have headache? got cures

@savypat (20246)
I'm tired of using drugs to get over headaches, so I fount this article and thought I'd share with you. Natural Ways to Treat Headaches Get relief from headache pain the natural way We've all experienced the misery of headache pain at some time in our lives, and very often we turn to an over-the-counter analgesic to bring some relief. But there are also natural ways to treat headaches that can give you the same good results. Root Causes Headaches always have some type of root cause, so to help you determine those causes you should keep a headache diary. Each day write down activities, foods you eat and any stressful occurrences. Notice any patterns to your headaches and things that may be triggering them. Then you can make adjustments to help you avoid these headache triggers. Relaxation Techniques Because stress is one of the main causes of headaches, relaxation techniques can be valuable tools. Meditation, simple deep breathing exercises and yoga poses such as Bridge and Child's pose not only ease the pain of headaches but are good for preventing them. Yoga Therapy for Headache Relief offers extensive information on various yoga poses that bring relief to headache pain. No yoga experience required! Home Remedies Apply an ice pack wrapped in a towel to the back of your neck or the area of your head where you feel the most pain. Lie down in a dimly lit room, close your eyes and visualize your pain being released. If it's a sinus headache you're experiencing, take a warm shower or bath and let the steam open and clear your sinuses. Or use a Neti pot with a mild saline solution. The Alternative Medicine Definitive Guide to Headaches offers a plethora of information on different types of headaches, causes, natural treatments and therapies. Natural treatments can do wonders for headache pain. But if you experience persistent headaches or sudden, intense headache pain be sure to see your doctor. 03 Dec, 2008 |Beth Farrell I've used a neti pot and yoga, kook these up on the Internet if you are not familiar with them.
@Shar19 (8236)
I've had a headache since last night and was actually laying in bed with a cold washcloth over my forehead. Sometimes a hot shower does help me too. If only I could stay in the shower all day.
@gicolet (1704)
Hey thanks a lot for the info. I stayed away from over the counter pain reliever over 3 yrs ago after realizing that those meds were giving me side effects. I'm a migraine sufferer and I learned that eating nuts and gums are one of the main causes of my migraine. I did make an observation on this so I've stopped eating nuts and chewing gums. I also drink green tea (The Vert) to relieve the pain and it works in just 20 minutes. I'm a living witness that green tea does work! I sometimes do some yoga stretching and it does help a lot. Thanks again. I'm so in for natural cures!
@bamakelly (5194)
This is great info to have on hand. Sometimes just doing it the nature's way for headaches could prove less costly and more effective in the long run. You have mentioned some natural remedies that I haven't heard of. I usually take something if I have a bad headache. I'll weather it out for a while if it is a slight headache and they happen every once in a while. I hope that the other members here read this information and take it all into consideration. Thanks for the uplifting advice and take care!
@yuna15 (2707)
This is really useful information my friend. You're right most of us just buy an analgesic medicine to relieve our pain. I will definitely keep these recommendations in mind. What my husband usually do to relieve headache is just sleep but for me that doesn't work. I just drink my medicine. So this article is really great help. Thanks for sharing!