Yuck! What a terrible meal!

@rocketj1 (6960)
Let's have a little fun here! What would be your least favorite meal? Give me all the courses too! Right down to dessert! Make them real foods that others may like. No freaky foods from one of those reality dare shows!
Well, for the entree, sauteed lamb's brain. The main course, a salmon steak with choko, sweet potato, and pumpkin. For dessert, that's a bit harder, maybe something with marzipan in it. I hate them all with a passion. Yes, I know the salmon one is a bit weird, I just find the fishy taste way too strong. Lash
@rocketj1 (6960)
I really don't like seafood of any kind and I can truly relate to that! Thanks:)
@sharra1 (6342)
Oooh that sounds like a meal I would run from. I cannot stand the thought of eating brains. I am not fond of fish and I do not like the vegetables either. Marzipan is on my dislike list too.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi rocketj1 Well for starters I would hate to have jellied eels (a favourite with people that live in the Eastend of London) followed by liver with onions and gravy (I like onions and gravy but when people cook liver in England they do it with onions and gravy) with sweet corn (hate sweetcorn, can't even stand the smell of it) and for dessert , hmm this is a tricky one as I have a very sweet tooth. Bread and butter pudding I guess as I don't like soggy bread!!
@rocketj1 (6960)
Jellied eels!? I cannot even imagine! So, no corn on the cob for you? I live in corn country and I'm not sure I've heard of someone that didn't like it. They might be drummed out of town!haha Thanks, humbug!
@rocketj1 (6960)
Hey!! The Simpsons are getting into the Christmas spirit!
@sharra1 (6342)
Ooooh all the courses. Well I do not like fish much at all. So anything with the horrible little furry ones would be first on my list. Um anchovies I think they are called. Then there would he any internal part of an animal with the exception of pate which I do like. So fish for main course with spinach, yuck. For desert ooh that's a hard one as there is not much in the desert range I do not like. I suppose some sort of jelly or trifle. Its ok but not my choice of dessert.
@rocketj1 (6960)
Furry fish! Thanks:)
Sweet potatoes...in anything. I keep trying to make myself like a dish with sweet potatoes, but so far it hasn't happened. In addition, I just don't like the marshmellow salad that seems to pop up every Christmas holiday. I like marshmellows, so I don't know why I can't tolerate the marshmellow salad, but all I can say is, yuck.
@rocketj1 (6960)
I know what you mean about trying to make yourself like sweet potatoes only mine is shrimp. I mean everyone seems to like them right? It seems like there must be something to it. But I still don't like shrimp. Thanks:)
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Here goes - right off the top of my head Cold soup of any kind snails (escargot) any kind of shell fish -lobster-shrimps or crab(am allergic so would end up in hospital) Curried goat Tapioca pudding That's it!
@rocketj1 (6960)
Hospitalization would be top on my list of yucky things too! But what on earth is curried goat? A Jamaican delicacy? Oh, and I love tapioca pudding!
@katemeow (848)
i love tapioca pudding as well :)
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
My mother would force me to eat tapioca pudding every time I was sick as a child - I hated it - possibly because she forced me to eat it. Curried goat is literally goat meat cooked in a curry. I love lamb but will not eat goat. Jamaicans - most of them hate lamb but love curried goat. To confuse things even worse, whether it is lamb or goat it is all called mutton. I have to ask if it is sheep mutton or goat mutton. Good posting!
@halynn (1809)
My worst meal would probably be sushi. I can't stand fish especially raw! Or maybe even liver or pigs feet . For dessert it would probably have to be raisin pie. I don't like raisins too much either. What about you what would be your worst meal?
@rocketj1 (6960)
Hmmmm.............Shrimp (I know people love it! But Yuck!), Pearl onions (eeew.), a slice of Dark rye bread, cooked carrots (love them in things, not by themselves), a cup of coffee (check out my other discussion), and fruit cake for dessert! Thanks that was fun!
@halynn (1809)
You know what i don't like coffee either. I think it's gross. When it gets really cold out though i occassionally like a cappaccino. I was thinking of some other foods too that i don't like another is radishes. those things gross me out. I also don't like onions.
@rocketj1 (6960)
Yes. I like cappuccino too.
@salonga (27957)
I will not say least favorite meal but rather meals but rather food that I would not wanna see in every meal. I can eat and enjoy the simplest meal offered to me but make sure the following are not included: 1. Pork - I don't eat pork eversince I've known how dirty this stuff is. I also don't eat other exotic meats. 2. Processed meat like hotdogs, hams, bacon,salami, meat loafs and the likes. I don't eat cured foods and those that contain sodium nitrate knowing the harm it can do to my body. 3. Cofee and and any drinks with soda. I don't want caffeine, an addictive substance to enter my system neither carbon or soda that will eventually hurt my colon. 4. Any dish cooked with MSG and food coloring. I don't want to ingest poison. Those are poisonous stuff and it's like killing myself little by little. 5. Canned foods because they contain a lot of sodium which is not good for my kidney. Just give me plain veggies and fruits and I will be very happy!
@rocketj1 (6960)
Is this a recent diet for you or have you always avoided these particular things? Are you a strict vegetarian then? Thanks for the very informative response:)
@salonga (27957)
I prefer veggies and fruit most of the times but I also sometimes eat fish and white meat and very few times beef but never pork!
@jesbellaine (4157)
Hello There! Hmmm… Interesting Topic… Well, I hate “Kilawin na Kambing” no matter who or how it is being cooked! Oh… in English term.. uhmm… it is like “Goat vinegarized” or “Goat Ceviche” I just don’t know, I just can’t eat it… but my parents and family loves to eat it. I don’t like the smell of it when it is being cooked that is why I won’t try eating it. Happy mylotting and Happy Holidays! Cheers!
@rocketj1 (6960)
Goat is pretty unheard of as a food in the US. Thanks for your response and Happy Holidays to you too!
@sudalunts (5526)
A gross meal for me would be liver, green peas and beets. Actually any meal consisting of any beans or peas are yucky to me, I do not eat legumes. Any meal that is stew based is yucky to me, I do not do stews. Any meal containing any part of an animal that is used for walking, or licking is gross.
@rocketj1 (6960)
Walking and licking parts would be off my menu too!!!Very good way of putting it! Thanks:)
@eaforeman6 (8983)
I would have to say, beef tongue and horse radish yuklol and I dont like anything with horse radish in it. lol I am not all that crazy about gamy tastes like from lamb and deer, and I dont like pizza with heavy bread, I like thin crust. Forget the fruitcake too....lol unless its made a special way, I cant stand those cheap nasty fruit cakes lol
@rocketj1 (6960)
For some odd reason (go figure!) I have never tried beef tongue! Hmmmmmm.............I can't imagine why! Thanks:)
@katemeow (848)
maybe for me its buro (its a local delicacy made from fermented fish, rice and other weird stuff) EEW! anything with liver or any animal innards too. i also hate food with pineapple - like pizza, chicken, burgers and the like. i like pineapples in dessert food but not in food that is not meant to be sweet! haha
@rocketj1 (6960)
fermented anything seems like something to be avoided!
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
OK first of all I am not a picky eater but these are the yuck foods for me. If I had to sit to eat this meal I'd gag or simply run away to eat elsewhere. A glass of milk, Maccaroni and tomatoe casserole, slices of tomatoes on the side, pork cutlets, zuccinni squash and beets. Pumkin pie. Oh yuck even people in prision, I'm sure must eat better than that. GAG.
I rate your response a plus because I have to admitt you're right, I guess I don't but I do take supplements.
@DonnaLawson (4032)
Least favorite would be one with a big chunk of meat, any kind, especially rare and bloody.. Nothing with shrimp nor any type of seafood, except maybe a bit of flounder.. No garlicky, cheesy side dishes.. No buttery potatoes.. and for dessert, no???? Sorry but I can't live without my desserts.. I love my veggies, plain with a touch of salt.. No meats of any kind, no seafood..
@katemeow (848)
haha! i think i like all the food on your list except the rare and bloody meat since i don't eat pork or beef. but garlic, cheesy and butter are perfect for me. also seafood :)
@lazeebee (5468)
Among my least favorites would be bananas, any dish with bamboo shoots, pork fats. I really dislike the smell and taste of bamboo shoots - it makes me nauseous.
@rocketj1 (6960)
Can't say that I've ever had bamboo shoots. Makes me not want to try them now.haha Thanks:)
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Some chewy, gristly pork with teriyaki sauce, brussels sprouts, I don't know, there isn't much that I don't like!
@rocketj1 (6960)
I had a tough time with it too! Food and I pretty much have a love-hate relationship minus the hate part!
@luvandpower (2049)
hmm...okay now that I will have to go puke in a second I had better make this good. For the main course I would have Teriyaki Chicken, with kale, tempeh, and cloyster coup. then for the dessert I would have moldy peach cobbler out of my grandmothers cooler.
@rocketj1 (6960)
Love the creative addition of mold to the menu!
@lilcee (2704)
Mine would be liver, egg plant, and for dessert, mincemeat pie. These all sound yucky to me lol.
@rocketj1 (6960)
du-rool! du-rool!