Christmas? Bah! Humbug!! (Part II)

@myklj999 (20876)
Hey, it's me again. You know, the Grinch? With the whole "I hate Christmas" thing and all that? But I'm gonna let you in on a little secret here. There's one thing about Christmas even the Grinch can't resist... WHITE FUDGE COVERED OREO COOKIES!!! Yes, the only thing this Grinch looks forward to at this time of year is them Oreos! For a limited time every Yule season these delicacies are to be found on the grocer's shelves. I wish I could buy a couple cases of them. The simplicity of an Oreo cookie covered in white fudge...whomever dreamed these babies up should have a shot at the Nobel Peace Prize. You just can't eat one of these and be in a bad mood. So now that you know my weakness... GO OUT AND BUY ME SOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Have you ever tried White Fudge Covered Oreo Cookies?
@SaintAnne (5453)
No, I've never tried them as I've never heard of this yuletide offering. When I'm at the store one of these days, I will try to track this Yeti of Oreos down. What if they tell you that you can have all the White Fudge Covered Oreo Cookies for a year but you have to listen to the Chipmunks sing every Christmas song the whole December, would you still be in a good mood, myklj?
@riyasam (16571)
it is not common here or at leat the name sounds unfamiliar.btw,why should they be eligible for noble peace prize??is not guiness book not enough??????
@leenie50 (3992)
Hi Mykl, It's nice to know that something sweetens up that little green body of yours. How easy you are to buy for. Cheap too. If I were one of your family members, I'd just buy you a few packages of those cookies and be done with it. I'm going to have to try one. I can't believe I never have before. Now I'm hungry!!Merry Christmas Cookie Grinch. leenie
@tessah (6621)
chocolate fudge covered mint oreo`s are das bomb ;dr00|; along with all of the other varieties of these seasonal treats. my own experiment for this years sweets making is to semi copy this formula.. and cover the double chocolate oreos with peanutbutter fudge.. and soak some nutterbutter cookies in chocolate fudge.. and give them all wrapped up pretty to an assortment of peoples as gifts.
@myklj999 (20876)
My address is as follows:
@tessah (6621)
email it to me
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
You buy me some mint m&ms and I'll buy you some white fudge covered oreos. Better yet, buy yourself the oreos, I'll buy myself the m&ms and we can save the postage. Such a deal!
That sounds like a awesome bargain,, what a great way to save on postage!!!!
@Drumman (305)
This is a little of topic. Maybe I missed this in Part I, but what's wrong with Christmas?
@myklj999 (20876)
http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1803617.aspx
@Chevee (5915)
I have never noticed those on the shelves. I will check them out this year. Is that what you want for Christmas? Just send me your address and I will get some for you. No kidding try me.
@Chevee (5915)
I answered this through the email didn't know others were sending you some though mail. No problem I still will send them.
@sharra1 (6342)
Oh now I feel deprived! We never get these on our grocery shelves. I love fudge it is one of the wonderful foods next to chocolate. But what's an oreo cookie? I have never heard of them. I have only ever seen chocolate covered biscuits and we cannot eat them at Christmas because they melt in the heat. Instead of chocolate we just get brown puddles. Still despite the heat we have this insistence on a solid cold weather Christmas dinner with hot plum pudding and roast turkey etc.
Hi Sharra I know what you mean about a hot christmas. I grew up in South Africa (Durban) where it gets very hot and humid over the Christmas period. We used to spend out Christmas next to the pool! Our christmas lunches used to be cold meat and salads and often we'd have a braai (translation - barbeque) outside in the sunshine. I don't recall ever getting Oreos in SA either - but since I haven't been there for the last 10 years, maybe they do get them now - doubtful! I am now in the Uk and we do get Oreo's here, but can't say I have seen the white chocolate ones... will have to keep an eye open! Merry Christmas All Violetdreams
Hi myklj99, So! you have a weakness? that is hard to believe and all because of a little cookies, I hope Santa will put some in your stckings on Christmas eve hehe, we just have lots of mince pies here. Tamara
@flowerchilde (12547)
"WHITE FUDGE COVERED OREO COOKIES"? Eeeuw..! at the store? O man don't let my family hear about that!! I'm the resident Christmas nazi, I can't have any of that stuff around here! Just at least two different kinds of fudge, and every conceivable christmas cookie imaginable.. If somehow they manage to add WHITE FUDGE COVERED OREO COOKIES to that pile.. oh my. I like white chocolate covered pretzels! Yum yum. One white fudge covered oreo before bed would knock me right out! (I may have pick some up.) Hey! have a merry fudgy x-mas!
@marciascott (25554)
In a way I hate Crhistmas too, because you have to spent so much money on gifts and I can't afford it! I will give Gift Cards to my Grands. Happy Holidays!
@cher913 (25890)
oh, i have to agree with you there grinchy. i love those chocolate covered oreo cookies. divine! i dont think i would like the minty ones, but i love the white ones and the dark chocolate ones. sadly, like you, we only get them at christmas time, just like the tiny clementine oranges :-(
You're not the only one who doesn't like Christmas, I have eaten these dream cakes you speak of, there are some new Oreos out this year. They are peppermint frosting filled, they are awesome. I skipped dinner the other night just so I could indulge in these gluttoness cookies.
Thanks for the info. I just saw them in the store the other day but now after reading your recommendation I will give them a try and control myself (hopefully) to not devour them all at once.
white fudge covered Oreos? EEEEWWW! ive never been an oreo lover myself. personally i love those little green and red sprinkled cookies (butter cookies?sugar cookies?) that come for xmas in a bag shaped like trees and i think ornament bulb. ive never heard of white fudge covered oreo cookies..i think you might have bonked your head trying to steal that xmas tree. oh hey look what i found.... http://www.nabiscoworld.com/Brands/ProductInformation.aspx?BrandKey=oreo&Site=1&Product=4400001473 go to that site an enter your ZipCode to find the nearest place that sells them mykl..they might just carry them year round not far from you! you might also try amazon.com, they sell groceries and they might carry them throughout the year! i THINK they only sell these types of items in bulk..like in cases or packs of 12 or whatever lol not that it would bother you to have to eat that many!
@Barbietre (1440)
My holiday cookie is coconut macaroons, those oreo cookies do nothing for me. I love for macaroons, hey wait, I made a large batch for Thanksgiving and froze some!
I don't even eat the regular Oreos, unless that is the only chocolate in the house, and I get desperate.*L* Tell me where to send them and I will send you a couple packages of the Christmas ones, though. . Seems like a simple way to make a Grinch smile.
@myklj999 (20876)
White "chocolate" has cocoa butter, right? And what is cocoa butter made from? It sure as hell isn't apples.
Oh, hadn't thought of that!*LOL* Oh, well, it is out there, now. And, I said I would send him cookies. I didn't agree to anything else. Ehhhh, let him think it's chocolate. It just leaves more of the real stuff for us.
Yeah, but they use cocoa butter in lotions and creams for the body, too. Are those things chocolate?
@arkaf61 (10882)
I have never tried those. In fact I don't think I have ever seen them. I like the idea though it seems to pair up two great things: The oreos and the fudge. YOu can be sure that if I see them I will certainly get some and enjoy LOL
hey Grinch welcome back..... i think you like these Cookies ....but am unfamilier of Fudge covered Oreo Cookies.....its difficult to get some for christmas........
@zhuuraan (967)
Roflmao well i did not see the first part of this, but this is just funny. And I forget if I tried those white fudge ones, probably not. But, I agree oreos in general are wonderful. They may not have as much stuff in them as most other cookies, but pulling em apart and licking off the cream, YUM YUM! lol. I'm a bit of a grinch myself though, hehe, not too big on christmas, especially since my family's so astranged it's not freakin funny.