Santa and my granny!

Its amazing in this day and age still how innocent people can be. My granny is still perplexed as to why we got presents and her children never did. When we used to get up all excited and want to open our gifts, she would be more excited and want to open our gifts first. Where does he come from, why did he not put gifts for my children were her constant questions and her happiness at seeing the gifts was ten times more than us. Mum never let h er know the secret for she was so happy and even when she died, she took the same query and happiness with her. Do you know of any such incidents.
@bhanusb (5709)
Your granny is so innocent and at the same time lucky. She is lucky because she has grand children like you and daughter like your mother.Now the people are complex minded.But during granny and grandpa's time life was so simple and they were so innocent.But even your granny is exception.You are lucky too.Thank you.
@bhanusb (5709)
Your granny was iike a baby.In the Christmas occasion you miss her so much.Thanks ketybhagat.
i was going to say "how is that possible that your grandmother didnt "know" about Santa?" but then i looked at your profile and see that you are in India. i dont THINK most of your population celebrates christmas right? if thats the case then its understandable how and why your grandmother didnt know about Santa..and also a VERY sweet story! how wonderful that your parents kept up the secret to let your grandmother experience the joy and wonder of "Santa"!!
Actually in India we do celebrate Christmas on a grand scale. Its just that my grandmother was poor and not very educated. She was married off very young and became a widow with two children very young in life and had no notion of putting gifts for children in the name of Santa etc. So when my mum used to do it, she was amazed and happy. Thank you for feeling we did right to keep the secret and let her die with the thought of santa coming every Christmas. Innocence at its peak.