Do your Antivirus scanned even zipped/compressed files?

@n30wing (4768)
I tried to scan my USB storage, I was surprised that my AV Kaspersky taking some time to scan my USB considering that it is only a 1GB usb storage but when I watch the indicator I was amazed to discover that it scanned even my zipped/compressed files in my usb. I used few AV before but only kaspersky scanned even zipped/compressed files. I feel secure with my kaspersky AV. Do your AV scanned even compressed files? What AV are you using?
• Pakistan
Yes, All antivirus also scanned zip/compressed files. If you do not want to scan the zip files then setup the "exceptions" or "trusted file types" in the preferences menu. Kaspersky is a good antivirus and you could consider you pc secure. I am using norton antivirus 2009. It is new and good version ever. I like it.
• Pakistan
yeah it does why not? put it on deep scan n then u'd b able to!
Almost all can, but it varies whether they are set to or not. I use ESET NOD32 AV. I might have to switch after I get Vista 64, though. I am not sure how seriously to take the '32' in NOD32... And flash drives are slow, which might be part of the scan issue you had.