Done my Christmas Shopping Already

@suspenseful (40326)
Yesterday, we decided to go to Sears and latter Zellers. I had already got presents for my husband and my daughter-in-law and future daughter-in-law, but we have these two sons who are not into fixing things, so we cannot get them screwdrivers or tools like I used to get all the time for my husband. With my husband it is quite easy, so what happened I got gift cards for them all and extra ones for the ladies, and a couple of gifts for Katie who is one and a half. We were looking at the Elmo doll, but with ten batteries, and the price, we could not afford it, so we had a hard time getting something that was not too young, and yet not too old that she could not play with it for a couple of years. So I was wondering whether you have as hard a time shopping for Christmas as we do? Or are we the exception?
@Lakota12 (42794)
nope not the exception. and now I can only afford to buy for the 2 grand kids that live here. all the others are grown and I told them its for the kids any how. Bu t that cuts me out of presents lol which I love to get!
@suspenseful (40326)
I get gift cards, but for Katie, I will buy a present. My husband gave me a gift card so I will have to go pretty soon and pick something out. I heard that many of the stores are closing, and I hope it is not the ones we buy from. Guess everybody will have to give cash this year.
@Lakota12 (42794)
I just buy presents to me giving gift card means you didnt put thought into your present!
@suspenseful (40326)
I always think of the ones getting the presents. Oh I really hated it when I was around ten to twelve and I got all those apple blossom cologne stuff. And that one time I got that orange blanket and I had to go to the store and did not know if it was the right one. That was a bother.
@mgmagana (3621)
well, i only have a hard time financially. i put stuff on layaway at sears n kmart, but i wasn't able to get everyone i need, so now i'm gonna have to pull money outta my bum and hope to finish shopping before its over.
@suspenseful (40326)
I kept saying that I should start a Christmas fund in January like my mother used to do, but never got around with it. Now I find if I have enough money in November, then I start buying. Trouble is my sons's birthday comes up in November, my husband;s in October so I got to consider that. So that makes it doubly as hard.
I'm pretty close to done, I think. I need to get a present for someone at work, but I am waiting to see if we are going to draw names out of a hat or something. I only work at my home location once a week, so it's hard to know what's going on. My main problem is that I will have to leave some people off my list this year and I hope I don't upset anyone. I have a really tight budget.
@bombshell (11268)
yeah at this time its hard to go shopping coz its crisis but we carry on celebrating christmas no matter what. even no fancy gift.good health and happy family are important.
@LittleMel (14059)
we didn't go shopping this year aside for grocery I want to make sure we have enough in the bank to last until end of 2009 knowing hubby he would give someone something practical like money in a card but we haven't done that yet either
The older the grandchildren get the harder it is to buy for them. We do buy clothing for them and try to find a toy or game that they would enjoy.
No hard time here. Since I personally don't do much shopping this time of the year, I am shopping a little bit for my 9 month old daughter because she needs a lot of things anyway, like more clothes, toys and warm ups for the winter season. I might get her some talking and singing dolls and a lot of things that makes noise, maybe a piano and other nerve recking noisy toys, but I'm gonna love every minute of it.
@riyasam (16582)
i do get into the dilemma as to what to buy for whom.so we decided,its clothes for elders and toys for kids.
@slickcut (8141)
I don't usually have a hard time getting gifts for christmas, but there is always one on the list that is difficult,not because they are that picky,but mostly because they already have s much you never know what they have or don't have...I would say that you are really not an exception,just have one or two that is hard to buy for.I think we all have at least one or two like that..
@mipen2006 (5528)
I always have a difficult time Christmas shopping. I live in Thailand, but my daughter and son live in West Australia. One lives in Broome, in the north west corner, the other in Perth. This makes it very, and I have five grandchildren, so we have to consider the cost of sending when we buy for them. Throw three brthdays into the Christmas buying, and it becomes a very expensive time of year for me. Have a very happy and safe Christmas, suspensful.