Cookie exchange anyone?

@rocketj1 (6957)
I am invited to my friend's 5th annual Christmas cookie exchange this weekend. This is only the 3rd year that I have attended. We have a lot of fun! There will be approximately 20 people there and we are asked to bring 5 dozen cookies each. We have to put in "reservations" for which type we will be bringing so there will be no "repeats" from anyone else. This year my daughter and I are bringing Peanut Butter Christmas Mice. I found the recipe online and when we saw the photo, we were hooked! Here's the link so you can check them out yourself: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Peanut-Butter-Christmas-Mice How about you? Do you attend a cookie exchange? Do you host one? Any good ideas for making it more fun? Any more great Christmas cookie recipes?
@lilybug (21182)
I have never been to a cookie exchange before. I sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Those Christmas Mice I have seen a recipe for before. They are so cute. I hope you have fun.
Oh I know that this is not a cookie but, this pie has peanut butter too and looks very good for Christmas to me..... http://jif.com/Recipes/Details.aspx?recipeID=419
@lilybug (21182)
Let me know when you make it. I will make a special trip just for a slice.
Can you believe that I have never heard of a cookie exchange party before? Wow it really sounds fun. I seen the peanut butter Christmas mice, it looks very funny and interesting. It actually looks just like a mouse. Oh my, I need to get out more. What else am I missing out on. I need to play catch up.
here on that I thought that looked good too.. http://jif.com/Recipes/Details.aspx?recipeID=2420
@lilybug (21182)
Too much chocolate for my tastes, but I do love that peanut butter and chocolate combo. I never thought to look at Jif's website for recipes. Hmm...maybe I need to go check out more.
@eaforeman6 (8983)
I have never had a cookie exchange but I am always checking the net for new recipes. I also go look at what cookie websites are making and see if there is anything I would like to try. Its fun to find new ones and surprise people, dont you think so I would try to find unusal or different ones to make a mix...
@rocketj1 (6957)
I know what you mean although it is getting harder and harder to come up with something new since I try not to repeat anything that's been done in the past too!
@Anne18 (11036)
I have never heard of this before, but I think this is a wonderful idea. I may try something like that sometime next year
@lilcee (2704)
Aww, those are so cute. I'll have to give it a try. My Grandson is too young to enjoy them right now but when he gets older I'll make them for him. I don't care much for the twizzlers but my kids will probably eat them. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
@cynthiann (18576)
• Jamaica
wow - it sounds great and I will be checking out this site. But I am not really into cookies. It wasn't part of my traditional upbringing in the U.K. and not part of the culture thing here. Although my American and Canadian friends out here keep me well satisfied. I've never heard of a cookie exchange and I can see where it is a lot of fun. Have a great time with your daughter and enjoy
@Grandmaof2 (7604)
Send me a PM with your email address, have I got something for you. more cookies than you can eat.
@busyB4 (875)
Hi! I am hosting a cookie exchange tomorrow. I have been to one before, and thought it was a neat idea. Too in this economy it will help you to have a variety at home without having to buy ingredients for every recipe. I am planning to have everyone bring a wrapped pair of Christmas socks and then we will play a Right, left game. That is a game where as you say Left or Right in the story the players all pass their package that direction. When you get to the end of the story , that will be your package. There is a cookie exchange website online (I think it is cookie-exchange.com) and she gives you all kinds of great ideas and photos from hers and others submitted. Also plan to give a gift for the best dressed for the holiday and the most creative cookie. (see your mice would probably win at my exchange!) Hope my guests arent reading Mylot tonight! ha!
@rocketj1 (6957)
Grandmaof2, Got your PM. Thanks:)
@rocketj1 (6957)
BusyB4, Thanks for the cute game idea! I like that!
@mimico (3619)
This is such a great idea! I've never heard about it before. I would love to take part in one except that I'm not a stellar baker myself. Do you just go there and exchange cookies and recipes? You don't need to buy the cookies from each other do you? Thanks so much for sharing this with me. It's very interesting to know!
@busyB4 (875)
No mimico, you dont buy the cookie, everyone just goes around the table and picks up one or two of each kind and that is the cookies you take home with you. I am having it at mine where if you don't bake you can bring deli cookies instead.
@rocketj1 (6957)
Thanks for explaining BusyB4! Another thing that my hostess does, is ask for 20 copies (full sheets) to give to the other 19 guests. Last year she purchased 20 plain white 3-ring binders (the kind that has the clear pocket on the cover) with a cover that she designed on the computer. It says Kendra's annual cookie exchange recipes. I will bring that with me again this year and come home with 20 more recipes in it!
We use to have a cookie exchange years ago at the Church i was attending. It was fun. We got to try many new and Delicious cookies this way.. I honestly did see and get cookies that I had never heard of and were very good! Some even were nice enough to print up some copies of their recipes to give to others who really enjoyed them..... Good, thoughtful Idea, I thought!
here is another one that looks good too! http://jif.com/Recipes/Details.aspx?recipeID=2420
@rocketj1 (6957)
That is so funny! I saved that same recipe on my favorites too! Great minds think alike!
@janet8893 (283)
Cookie exchange? How wonderful, i have never heard it. I never made a cookie myself, but i always cook some new dishes. so i really want to have a try at cookies.
@katemeow (848)
wow, this sounds so good! i wish we had cookie exchanges here too :) i think it would be really cool if you add a little treat or toy to go with the cookie as a small Christmas gift :) but then again, the cookie is a great gift by itself already :) will be checking the link you posted and i guarantee that i will probably be drooling when i see the list! haha :)
I love getting new recipes for cookies and other treats as well! I have never attended one of these but would like to! I think it would be so much fun!! To bring your cookies and enough recipes on cards to give to everyone attending...That way everyone that comes goes home with cookies and some awesome new recipes! This could be done with holiday treats as well! ~Heavens~
@salonga (27762)
This is my first time to hear A Christmas Cookie exchange party! It sounds different and could be exciting! I wish my friends will be just excited when they hear about this so we could organize and have a party of this sort. I just hope each one will be very creative in baking their cookies. Maybe a price for the best looking and tasting cookies will given. Wow! this is a wonderful idea! The only problem is the availability of the "Ladies". There are so many activities this Christmas season so I wish we can find a time for the Cookie exchange party!
@Humbug25 (12552)
Hi ya rocketj1 Wow this seems like a really good idea and I think I will mention this to the PTA as a fund raiser somehow. I am not sure how it would work but it sounds like fun. I have never heard of a cookie exchange so I have never attended one or hosted one. I have a great cookie recipe that is really easy to do but they are plain so you could have fun cutting the shapes with various cutters and then decorating them after! If you want the recipe then let me know but I don't know what the conversion would be in weight!