What are you doing in the garden at this time of year?

@Anne18 (11036)
Well I'm not doing anything in my garden at the momnet, it is far too cold and wet, but I am planning what to plant next year and when I have to go out in the cold to make sure everything is all right and to sort pots etc out for what I want to plant.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi Anne18 Like you I am not doing anything in my garden right now, not in this rain anyway. I am using the patio area as a dump right now and when it is dry enough I will be able to get out there and break up the stuff piling up and take it to the dump. I have a small car so that is why it has to be broken down!
@mindym (979)
Hi Anne! I don't have a garden, but if I did, I would not be doing anything in the garden right now because, like with you it is too cold here. The ground is pretty much frozen and we have already had some snow. So, the flowers are gone for the year, but it's always exciting when they start to bloom in the spring and summer.
@suzzy3 (8362)
We need to do some pruning in our garden but it might be to late and we will probably wait till the spring time now .Our garden is established over twenty years and only needs trimming a and mowing once a month and it is full of coloured shrubs and trees and we have on main flower bed at the back so it is more of a relaxing garden now.
@academic2 (7010)
• Uganda
Yesterday I got my Garden neatly cleared. I will soon get the soil dug up the second time and organic manure added in readiness for the first rains. I would like to plant some vegetables to cut on my costs on thiese items!
@xParanoiax (6999)
Putting more stuff in the compost and taking measurements! The planning stage is TECHNICALLY over, but putting one's plan into action and actually doing it are two seperate things. As soon as the ground thaws it's to the shovels and rottertiller with us!
@hildas (3031)
Yes! It is too cold here so I am doing nothing at the moment in my garden but gardening is my hobby and I cannot wait to get back out there again. I have lots that need doing. I have plants that need cutting back and in the Spring I am going to start landscaping my side garden, as this house is nearly three years old and the garden where all bare when I bought it, so there is lots to be done and I cannot wait to get back out there again.
@WebMann (4732)
I agree Anne, it's far to cold to be gardening here, it's about 20 below this morning and it's even cold in our house. Had to put on an extra sweater this morning. If I was able to be outside I wouldn't take the time to plan next year so it's good that we get this break for a few months. We have a shed that I will be able to be in come early spring. I have all my planting supplies out there and a nice long bench to work from. This coming season I am going to video some of my planting and preparation so I can add them to my gardening web sites. I have big dreams for gardening in our backyard this summer. I have to do better than last years garden. It was quite a learning experience.
@camomom (7536)
I don't have a garden. I couldn't keep a plant alive if my life depended on it.
@kun2349 (23475)
I dun have a garden because i'm living in flats, not houses.. hehe ^_^ HAving a garden is nice, and if i have one, i will be planting fruit trees in my garden.. Enjoying my fruits of labour when the time comes.. lol =D Too bad, all these can only be a dream.. lol =D BUt i do have pots of plants along my corridor, to call it a small 'garden' .. haha
@pergammano (7755)
Anne18...there is virtually nothing to do in my garden at this time, the Fall rye has long since been planted, and is up and growing to be dug in, in the Spring for soil enhancement/enrichment. 260 garlic plants of 9 varieties are planted. All the spring flowering bulbs are in.....the important shrubbery that will be snow or weather damaged are wrapped & shrouded! Now, I wait for Spring, joyous Spring! Cheers!