Have you ever...

@dawnald (84146)
Shingle Springs, California
reported a discussion as a violation? Be honest! I don't want to know whose discussion, just if you have ever done it and why. And if you haven't, how many people do you think are going to speak up and admit that they have done it?
@myklj999 (16749)
I am a violation just waiting to be reported.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
You're a mean one, Mister Grinch. But I don't see Grinch in the dont's, so sorry, you'll have to report yourself.
@owlwings (39601)
• Cambridge, England
Yes, I frequently report violations. I do try to give new members some quarter and warn them that they need to read the guidelines. Those with more than 100 rating, I tend to just report.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I'm glad you're a little easier on the newbies. Even if they did read the guidelines, they aren't always going to remember all of them right off.
@owlwings (39601)
• Cambridge, England
I also check to see if they are really just here to spam (in which case I report maybe three with a comment to MyLot that this is a frequent offender).
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I would do that too if I saw the same person doing it over and over.
@mtsandeep (1586)
Yes i have reported when ever i see users posting links (referral links) in discussions. when i see links in discussions, first i check his profile to see whether he does that in all discussions. IF he does that in all discussions i will surely report. If its only the first discussion then i will try to comment and tell him that it is vilation in mylot and i won't report it to mylot.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Good, too much spamming going on! By the way, I have this great site.... Just kidding.
@mtsandeep (1586)
ha ha lol i just REPORTED this discussion as +ve
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
hahaha your response and this entire discussion just DISAPPEARED!
You bet your hinney I have. I am a moderator of another site and I always find that when members help you out it tends to make not only your job easier but the experience for everyone more enjoyable. It's a pain to go through every post and as it stands here within an hour there are at least 250 new discussions made. It is impossible to rummage through everyone and catch every single infraction. SO the way I see it is every bit helps the site out. A violation is a violation and shouldn't be tolerated. That's the way I see it with the other site i'm involved with.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Well good for you and if something is a violation, it should be pointed out. I bet nobody's going to come forward and say they've reported discussions that weren't violations though! And I really do wonder if the Admin here actually verifies that something is a violation before deleting it!
@owlwings (39601)
• Cambridge, England
I think that they usually do, Dawnald. I believe that they also are aware of people who do hate-reporting. It's a small staff and I can imagine that it gets a bit hairy at times, so there are the inevitable mistakes.
@KaMlBob (786)
Wondering if Admin actually checks out violating posts is a good point. When I was doing the other website asking and answering, I got violated so many times, for dumb stuff too. Once because I mentioned the city that I lived in and another for asking how I can find out information on my mineral rights. So I am sure there was no reviewing of my posts before deletion and violation.
@trickiwoo (2702)
I never have. I've never come across a violation that I felt caused enough of a problem to report. If I ever were to come across one, I would definitely report it. For minor violations I don't find that serious, I do alert the poster that it's against the TOS. Often I find that users just aren't aware they are breaking rules.
@sharra1 (6342)
Yes I used to do that for all the ones that I came across until one poster who told me that he did not care that he was breaking the rules and then promptly posted his referral link again in my discussion after I just told him not to. I was furious. How rude of him to do this. That was the last straw for me. I know that some people post without reading the TOS but to deliberately break the rules like that just spoils mylot for other people. I reported my first person today because he was typing responses which were a word for word copy of an earlier poster in the same discussion. I do not like plagiarism and this person appears to be doing this every time he posts. He either does not speak english, does not care or is parodying people.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Sharra - sounds like that guy was just daring you to report him! And I hate plagiarism too!
@mysdianait (64056)
Yes unfortunately. The MakeExtraMoney interest which is my favorite interest is plagued with violations. Ref links, promotions, self promotions, whines and moanings about earnings, you name and it's there and I report every time I see any discussions that are violating. I also report when I see people copying from the web and calling it their own. That can be funny too as sometimes they don't even read what they are posting. So yes I do and it is what is asked of when we join
@owlwings (39601)
• Cambridge, England
I'm like you Mysdianait. I sometimes get in a 'reporting fever' but it's exhausting and very soul destroying. Thankfully, the offenders seem to come in waves.
@mysdianait (64056)
Sadly yes but more than waves, on some days it seems more like a tsunami I sometimes stop to explain what is wrong but if they get 'mouthy' I stop that too. I feel it's got worse because now, compared to a year ago and earlier, there are so many other forums where promotions are allowed (indeed it's all that's done). Many come here and go straight to that interest thinking they can do the same thing here. Fortunately they can't
@yuna15 (2707)
Oh yeah I have definitely! The discussion I reported was saying something about "Filipinas rule in yahoo chat". The discussion was so insulting that a lot of us reported it for it to be deleted. The person said that a lot of Filipinas strips online for him and that ALL Filipinas does that in YM. I sincerely doubt that because I'm quite sure that other nationalities does that as well. I don't think there is anything to be ashamed about reporting somebody especially if the discussion is offensive and abusive. So I think a lot of people can admit what they did.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
yep in those circumstances I'm sure nobody would have a problem to speak up!
@rusty2rusty (6767)
• Defiance, Ohio
Yes, I have reported discussions for voilations. I do not do it all the time. But I have reported some. I report them because if I don't others will see ita nd think it is okay to voilate the guidlines. I am tired of seeing discussions saying MyLot took members discussions and pay away. I say if you follow the rules you have nothing to worry about.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I hope that's true. I'd hate to think that people are reporting discussions just to be malicious and that the discussions are being deleted without somebody at least looking at them and making a determination first!
@terri0824 (4991)
No, I can't recall ever reporting a discussion. If I don't like the discussion I just move on to the next one. I'm sure you will have some speak up and admit that they have reported a discussion.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yes quite a few and many for reasons I agree with and would do myself.
@Chevee (5915)
I have never reported discussion to be honest I just learned how. I have had some nasty and rude responses and I didn't even know how to report them. I do think some of the user that report these discussions will fess up.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yep some people have!
@suspenseful (40316)
I have never reported a discussion for violation. Now if that person was a friend, I would email them and tell them, so they can request myLot to remove that discussion or tell the others, "please do not answer this," but I would never report someone for a violation. It is not in me. Guess I am too nice a person.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
It would take a lot for me to report one, but there are situations where I would.
@redkathy (3375)
Only once dawn. This guy was posting f-uck like every other minute and getting away with it for about an hour! Of course it was an insomnia night for me and oh how aggravating it was!!! Other than that, nope I have but had the trolling thing happen to me for a while... it really sucks too!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
ah I seem to remember that, somebody teed off about getting banned as I recall...
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I have once or twice Dawn. Actually I ought to today on one of my discussions as one responder plagiarised another's response! I didn't as I want him to read my reply. But I might tomorrow.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
probably the person the last two people were talking about...
I've done it ten times today. And no, that is not hyperbole. The same poster ten times, and I suspect if I stalked him further I would find another 90, making his entire posting totl of 100. I came across hinm first in a discussion started by my partner, and reported him there, along with a couple of other people who also picked it up. He had simply copied word for word a paragraph from an earlier response on the topic. Ten minutes later, on a completely different discussion, I found he had done exactly the same thing, so I reported him again, then went stalking. I looked at 8 other responses he had made, and every single one was a word for word steal. But what gets me is how stupid he is: a couple of them he posted a copy from response 1 in response 3. I pointed out his activities in these threads, hopefully others will get on the bandwagon. I don't think I have ever reported a whole discussion, though, that seems unfair on those who have posted to it in good faith. Lash
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I do hate plagiarism. I wonder if it's maybe somebody who is embarassed about their English though. hmmmm...
@cyntrow (8524)
I report all cheaters. I do this quite frequently. Oddly, considering the discussions I am involved in, I have only once reported a person for being a jerk. Ordinarily, I just let them have at it and I'll argue my point as well. When the name calling starts, I just leave or risk stooping to their level. I don't generally report or even neg. The thing is that I don't want ignorant responses or topics deleted. I think that everyone on mylot has the right to know who the jerks are. In other cases, what offends me might not offend others, so who am I to censor someone else. I don't think that mylot really checks before deleting. I think that after a certain number of people report, the discussion or response is automatically gone.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
What do you mean by cheaters though? Plagiarists or what?
@cyntrow (8524)
Plagerists and the idiots who start discussions that consist of, literally, ffeiighthgithghtihyihfiithjgi. Then they post this gibberish many times.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yeah, the sooner you get rid of that kind of crap, the better.
@rocketj1 (6960)
The night about 3 months ago when mylot moderators were apparently put to bed, someone came on and posted a zillion obscene and non sensical posts. I was new here and didn't understand that this person would probably be dealt with in the morning. I sent many reports that evening. And..........yup. The discussions were gone in the morning.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yep, again I'm pretty sure it was a certain person who was teed off about being banned.
@rocketj1 (6960)
Wow! If that's the case, then I would say they were RRRRREEEEEAAAALLLYYYYY angry!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yep I'd say so!
@sharra1 (6342)
I have reported a post as a violation but never a discussion. I stay away from discussions that look risky as I hate losing posts. I still lose them as some discussions I respond to still get deleted no matter how careful I am. It just seems that some people report even if it is not a violation or maybe it is borderline but I will report a poster who breaks the rules. I have done so tonight. There is a newbie poster copying whole posts and then typing it in word for word as his own in the same discussion. I have no idea why as it is so obvious.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Came by with visions of quick and easy money dancing in their heads, maybe...
@sharra1 (6342)
Maybe but so many people saw it and reported it that they were all deleted. So not a very sensible approach.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Nope but hopefully they will learn from it.
@1grnthmb (2063)
Yes I have. I reported a person because they responded to three of my discussion with an identical response. One that had nothing to do with the discussion. It was obvious that they were just copy and pasting into each discussion they were responding to.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yeah anything to get points. Hope they weren't copying somebody elses words on top of it!
@eaforeman6 (8983)
I think I did once a very long time ago. Its not something that I have seen come up as a problem so I guess that just means that everyone I have seen has been pretty nice and stayed in the guidelines.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
All these other people must have gotten to them first.
@mokbul (616)
I really have not reported any posting as violation or rated negatively.Sometime I feel that oit is my mart of tee job her as member, and promise to sytart same from tomorrow.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
It is certainly within your rights to do so.