Funny sister

@dawnald (84146)
Shingle Springs, California
A few years back there was a flight that had a scary landing at Burbank Airport. The plane actually went off the runway, through the chain link fence, across the street and up to the gas station that was there. No major injuries or anything, thank goodness. Scary what could have happened. Anyway I was still living down in LA and my sister was in Sacramento and she was flying down for a visit. So I e-mailed her to find out when she was arriving. Her response: "I'll be arriving around 7 PM. Meet you at the gas station across the street." Gas station isn't there any more btw.
@1grnthmb (2063)
Hey, she has a since of humor. Burbank airport is my favorite LA area airport. I used to choice it when ever possible. Anything to avoid LAX. Which I remember having a flight form Imperial Valley during a strong windstorm and the plane just flew 50 feet off the ground the whole way because the pilot said their was less turbulence there. Made me never want to go to LAX or Imperial again.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I agree with you about LAX. When I lived down there I only went there if I couldn't get a decent flight out of Burbank!
@nadooa247 (1096)
That happened at Midway Airport actually... where the plane went through the wall and crossed the street. A car with a family in it were in the way and sadly the boy and his parents were killed. What is worse is that you said it was a GAS STATION! That would have taken out more than just the people in the area if not the plane passengers as well! God was really watching over them all. Well i think in light of the circumstances your sister had to have a sense of humor to keep her sanity =P Glad to know everyone was alright though.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yes it could have been much worse and that is why the gas station is no longer there. My sister wasn't on that flight by the way,she flew down a few days later. I just flew in and out of there this weekend, no incidents. But that one at Midway tells you how scary it could have been!
@suruchi86 (1873)
Yes, what a coincidence. This sentence resembles the horrible landing details.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Not a coincidence. She was being a smart aleck...
@suruchi86 (1873)
Not good...
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Lot of smart alecks in my family. :-)
@JenInTN (27564)
lol..that's good. Is that true or are you pulling our leg? lol
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Absolutely a true story. Clearly my sister has inherited my wicked sense of humor! :-)
@hildas (3031)
Hi Dawn. I heard of the other crash today in your area and was thinking about your trip at the weekend. Ha that must of been strange your Sister saying that to you though or emailing it. She will know where to go but will say "I am sure there was a gas station here before" I think where you are is slightly at risk from airplanes then. Well I am sure you are glad your sister is coming to visit. I am sure she will find you in the end.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh this was years ago. That crash was in San Diego, not Los Angeles as it turned out, but scary enough. We are right in a flight path though. But then we were when we lived in LA too. Hard to escape them...
@riyasam (16578)
oh what do i tell about the horrors of my younger sweet sis.one day,i was applying some lipstick and there she was with her sweet comment,LOOK AT HER,MOTHER OF 2 KIDS!!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
siblings have a way of doing stuff like that!