Going back to school.

Well after becoming unemployed this last time I have found myself in a rather alarming position. (Not to brag) I am an intelligent, experienced professional. I am hard-working, and a fast learner. I also do not make the same mistake twice (in the working world at least). The problem is that I never did get a college degree. I guess I came in at the tail end of companies giving people a chance that showed an aptitude for the work and have a good work ethic. So now when I am looking for work, I see many jobs that I am capable of doing, that I will never get the chance to do because I do not have a degree. My husband is being very supportive, but he's supposed to be, right? I know that i am capable of being successful in pursuit of my degree, but I will confess it is still a little scary. Any words of encouragement I can get would be greatly appreciated!
@sunita64 (6474)
I feel no age is wrong to learn things and there are instances that at ripe age of 80's even people have acquired degrees. Do not feel scared and better take a degree while enrolling in a distance education learning school. I am 44 already have many degrees but I feel my job needs me to get a degree in botany taxonomy and believe me I am going to take that and not at all scared so best of luck, I am sure with your hard working nature you will get a degree soon.
LOL, I don't know about multiple degrees for me. I suppose I will see how my job prospects look after I obtain the first one!
@makingpots (11922)
Human nature makes us a little scared of the unknown. I hope you will do it because it sounds like you really want to. I love being in school. I suspect I will be a student all my life. I'm looking forward to returning to school soon. I'm taking a little break right now as I am blessed with the benefit to be home with my child.
@Blondie2222 (20987)
Props to you for wanting to continue you're education. It is gonna a long rough road for you but if you have your husband's support in this you will do just fine. I just started college myself on Monday so I can get a degree and get a better job as well. It will help us both in the long run. Cuz the way jobs our right now you're ognna need a degree. So good luck to you and hope you get you're degree and a better job!
Thank you. I know it may seem silly, but I feel better hearing it from folks that have nothing to gain (okay, with the exception of the few cents you get for posting) by telling me "You can do it". I appreciate the comment.