Dogs in a moving car

Why do dogs love to put their heads out of the windows of moving cars?I think they are enjoying the natural beauty.What is your opinion about it.
@rusty2rusty (6767)
• Defiance, Ohio
I don't think it is the natural beauty. I think it is because they are as curious as a cat. My male miniature pinscher loves looking out a wondow. If he would get a chance, he would jump out and run. So, I have bought what is called a short leash. I hook one to his harness. The other end slips around the seatbelt. Than teh seatbelt is hooked. This giving my doggie some movement. But not enough to actually go out the window. It also helps teach them to stay put while ina moving vehicle.
I guess they like the way the wind feels because all dogs do the same thing when you ride with them with the window open. Or they enjoy getting out of the house and going places. If dogs like it when you just walk down the street with them...imagine what it's like to them when you take them for a ride in a moveing car going 60mph they just have to sit in the seat and stick their head out the window and it's like a "super walk" for them
@brian_s (570)
I'm not sure, but I don't think it's too dissimilar to how I enjoy riding my motorcycle without a windshield. It's one of those feelings that are just wonderful, but you can;t explain it.
I love how my dogs love to do this but I fear for their lives. My dogs are big guard dogs, but also family loving animals. I am afraid that if they ever got blinded by a pebble or ice chunk or even a bug hitting there eye at such a high speed that I might have to put them to sleep. I wouldn't want them having to be blind the rest of the rest of their lives. Being guard dogs I fear that if they might snap at something and not be able to see who it is. Therefore I do not let my dogs hang their head of the window. No matter what speed I am going. It's just a safety precaution for me as my dogs are loved as much as you would love a child.