Do you prefer a boring but well-paid job or an interesting one with little money

China
My current job is boring but profitable, I couldn't feel any satisfaction with it. I hate it though it is steady and well-paided comparably even in the storm of economy crisis. I am thinking of quitting and find a another one under my interst. Yet I am not sure whether the job I am looking forward would fulfill my expectation. The payment of that job is another concern of mine. What's your suggestion? My lotter?
@caskins (689)
hello garfield, as hard times has fallen upon my family i would have to say i would prefer a boring well paid job over an interesting one with little money. happy posting!
I totally undstand and respect your decision, we will all get over it. thanks, my pal.
@faizi1 (157)
• Pakistan
well dear garfield_zhou i disagree with your given statement because job is not boring the person who worked on at job he /she is boring if the job giving profit to you so why you are boring from her job i think that if you not got a another job you may worked with that organization if you worked with fully interest so you could never boring in our life Thank you
Thank you for responding.
Well I haven’t had a job as yet which I found interesting. My take on jobs is that there are very few people whose job is their hobby and so they continuously enjoy what they are doing. Otherwise all jobs become boring after some time of repetitive action and most people suffer from frustration and saturation and money is the only factor that pulls them along…we call it ‘vitamin M’. I too enjoy my job only coz the vitamin M is good alongwith some other benefits.
"Vitamin M", fresh and interesting word, I will keep it in mind.
@SuzyLong (775)
I'd stick with the boring job for now, with the way things are you need to be in a job that is secured. Wait a little while to see how things go and if they get better go for it. You could use this time to research what job you'd like to go into, that way you know what you are getting yourself into. You might need to do a course or training for the job so you could do that now. Then you have more chance of getting the job you want. I did it at my last job, I want to be an Event Manager so I joined the sports and social club committe and organised events to get experience.
Good advice, I should take some training class too. Thanks my pal.
@jmp_72 (246)
• Seychelles
I prefer a challenging job even if the pay is not too high. For me a job with lots of satisfaction is more important than a profitable but boring one. Maybe if one day i find myself in financial difficulty i will have to opt for a boring profitable one.
I believe everyone will have to compromise to life. Thanks, my pal.
Frankly, i will prefer an interesting one with little money, but the little money must meet my basic needs. If my job is boring and disgusting, i will be in a bad mood all day. Most importantly, it does harm to my health. I will complain more and this is what i don't want. Just choose a job which make you happy and positive.This is my own opinion.
Thanks for your responding. By the way, "happyforever" is interesting name. And I believe it is also a utmost goal of everyone.
@alindahaw (1219)
There are times when you have to stick with a job that you do not like because you need the money. Not all people are lucky enough to find a job that they like that pays good these days. Sometimes, the enjoyable jobs do not really pay so well. However, if given the chance, who wouldn't want to work on something that they really love to do?
You are right, few lucky people could find a job well-paid and interesting as well. thanks.
@aringwi (136)
i would rather select the boring but profitable one.because in my opinion,all the jobs are boring but not all the jobs are well paid.maybe the job you find is interesting at first ,after some time you will find it boring .
I am sorry I disagree with you about job view. It's true that some friends of mine really enjoy their job which they have been doing it for several years. I can see it. thanks anymay.
If you want to take a risk, go find a new job that will interest you but if you are not that risky for the time being, maybe you should still stay there even if you're not that satisfied with it...
thanks for responding, happy mylotting.
The first question I must ask you is, are you married? Will be a problem if you need to exit from the job only because of the job boring. You should be out of work when the get another job better and more suitable for yourself. That is the theory that secure To the poor economic condition at this time. Idealist is not prohibited, but we also must be realistic
I am not married so far, maybe that's why I've got a chance to think about it. If I married, I would have to consider the whole family's situation, not only myself.
@elaiski (70)
Practicality wise, I think you should keep your job. It just depends on you on how to make your job enjoyable to you. Think of ways for it not to be boring.
Yeah, probably I should change the view on my current job and learn to enjoy it. thanks, my lotter.
@eynjel05 (444)
Honestly speaking, all of us are in need of money especially today. But I guess, I will definitely go ahead and choose for an interesting job with a little money to be earned rather than a well paid job but its kinda boring. Why? simply because I enjoy doing such. Though I earn little money out of that but I can proudly say to myself that I enjoy doing that job. After all for me it's not the money that matters, it's on how you love what you are doing. Happy posting!
I will think about it, thank your for responding.
@silverglint (2001)
With the current situation of the world economy, if I were in your place, I would probably stick to my job even if it is boring. So many people are getting laid off and it is still better to have a good paying job so that I can be secure financially. If i find the job boring, then I will just take the chance to learn new things, maybe take up masterals or trainings and seminars, learn online or anything that can benefit me so that I can get the job or position i like in the near future or so that I can be able to establish my own business. I can also take up some hobbies that will help me enjoy life more so that it can compensate for the boredom I feel. But for now, I still think that financial securing should be the priority.
You are right, we have to take some conservative measure to leave some space for ourselves.
@shonali (1286)
jobs - jobs you like / jobs you dont like
i would never do a job thats boring even though its the one that pays well.... i wouldnt be able to stick to the job for long anyways..... one should always love what they do.... some people dont have the talents or knowledge of certain things so they get into fields that their ancestors were into or the ones that are maybe profitable as you mentioned..... but if a person knows what he wants and what work is going to keep him happy then he should definately go for that job though it pays less..... happiness is more important than money according to me!!
You are right, a brave man should know what he wants to go for it without hesitate. thanks, pal.
@underdogtoo (9599)
I will take the money anytime. If i want fun then I will just spend my money or find something that will make me money and have fun at the same time. Cheers!!
thanks for responding.
@mae1216 (658)
Hmmm..when it comes to financial aspect, I will be choosing to have a high pay job even specially if you have your obligations.
Everybody has his(her) own obligation. my pal, I will think about it. thanks.
@laydee (12814)
I think for the first part, if I really need some money bad then I'd go for the boring but pays well. Then if I could save up more then I'd go for the challenging one, at least by that time, my lifestyle wouldn't have to change and I would be happy knowing that I wouldn't need to worry about money that much.
sounds reasonable, life is realistic. Though money is not omnipotent yet we can't live without it.
@oldboy46 (2132)
In general I would have to say that, given a choice, I would prefer to have an interesting job. The higher the pay, the better of course but sometimes the two do not go hand in hand. The thing right now is that the global economic situation is not so good which means that none of us can really be certain that we will keep our job. For that reason right at the present time if there were 2 jobs for me to choose from, I would take the job which pays the most. I would not at this time be too concerned whether it was interesting or boring but instead the criteria would be that it should be legal and of course that I got paid every week or fortnight. Regardless of the state of the economy we still have to live and of course the bank manager expects that we will make our mortgage repayments. So the more money that I can earn the better and we could then put some of the extra money away in case there should come a time when I did not have a job. I think you have to consider all options. Do you have a mortgage or are you paying rent? Will this interesting job which pays very little money be stable and will your employment be secure? If you do not have any financial committments and can live on the lesser pay, then go for it. However for myself it is not a risk that I could take given the current global economic conditions.
@oldboy46 (2132)
Thank you for giving me best response and I hoope that what I said was of interest to you. I have to add that if the economy was not so bad right now, then the money I was paid/offered would not be so important. However right at the present time is it is too big a risk for me to take a lower paying job right. Hopefully the economic situation will improve and we can all make our choices withouit worrying if we will have a job next month.
i think its better to do a profitable job even if its boring.
thanks, my pal.
@vanonas (950)
Definitely boring but well paid. You cant find many of those. As long as it's not something you HATE it should be okay.
yeah, that's why I can't make up my mind, especially under the current economy situation.