Imma Just Sit Here On The Couch...

By JJ
@myklj999 (18277)
Yep. There's some journeys that should never be undertaken. Some of my friends are wandering off into Oblivion followin' some chick from Texas. Bein' as they don't know where they're going, I'm not sure how there gonna figure out when they finaaly get there, if you see what I mean. Me? Imma just sit right here on the couch...and watch...maybe laugh at 'em a bit...all in good fun, y'know? Have you ever taken a journey without knowing your destination until after you got there?
@jerzgirl (8030)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Sheesh, Myklj. That's sounds more like a "trip" than a journey!!
@myklj999 (18277)
Yeah...but look at all the pretty colors!
@jerzgirl (8030)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Crystal Blue Persuasion, la la la la la.......
@jerzgirl (8030)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Incense and peppermints, meaningless nouns Turn on, turn in, turn your eyes around.
@flowerchilde (12547)
I have.. sort of.. in the 70's, sewed a backpack out of a pair of jeans.. and went hitchhiking with a gal I met.. she had gone back home with me, to Maine, we partied a bunch and now we were headed to her home town in Wisconsin.. or that was the plan. We did end up here, and now it's thirty years later and it sorta feels like I kind of wandered in..
@myklj999 (18277)
So...are you at the end of your journey, or just making an extended pit stop?
...actually, I've wondered that myself Especially when sometimes (even two kids and two grand kids later) it seems like it was only yesterday I got here.. I came out here on the big rigs, but sometimes feel I came out with the covered wagons.. [no! I'm not old enough for that!] Not always sure my traveling days are over, but if I do go I'll look funny 'cause I'll have some long roots hanging off me.. I do get to go to Maine, Vermont and sometimes Rhode Island every year!
@James72 (26829)
Hang on a second mykl..... We're followin' a chick from Texas??? God help us all! As for taking journeys where I have not known my destination, I think you have pretty much just described my LIFE!
@myklj999 (18277)
Life is one of those "no matter where ya go there ya are" kinda journeys...
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I don't get out much these days. But it seems to me that ALL the chicks are from Texas. Sheesh, I need new shoe leather the miles I seem to have pounded from one side of the Lone Star State to the other, and back again! I very nearly moved there 'cos it seemed easier. Anyway, right now I'm going to join you, knock the top off a G&T and watch the world go by. Zzzzzzzzzzzz
@myklj999 (18277)
Uh, p1ke...how ya gonna watch with yer eyes closed?
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Heck Myklj haven't you learned THAT yet! Let them run around, send the odd encouraging message and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Everyone knows my business Dahr'lin Sis. Even without moving to Texas.
@camomom (7536)
Nope, but I always wanted to. I think it'd be fun. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be good parenting to just up and go....nowhere.
@myklj999 (18277)
Well, maybe after the kids move out...
@camomom (7536)
I'll be atleast 51 years old by then maybe older.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Just short drives where we don't know where we want to go when we start off. Never made it to oblivion...
@myklj999 (18277)
Well, Irish is leading a group out there if ya wanna tag along...
If you don't have a destination in mind, you can't get lost.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey myklj! I'm sure I'd rather just sit back on the couch too! It's been many years since I took those kinds of journeys! I was alot younger and stupider then! I would get into someone's car and not give a rats azz where the hell we were going and when the hell we would get there! Of course, in those days the price of gas was alot less too! Nope, I'm not into those types of journeys these days! Don't have the patience for those adventures anymore! Guess I'm just a boring old fart who would rather sit my azz at home and try to stay warm! I think now that boring is my new lifestyle! And, you know what, I just don't care!
@myklj999 (18277)
Boring is safe...nothing wrong with that.
@Chevee (5915)
Nope gotta know where I am going, if I get lost I have no one to come looking for me. I hope you advised them to take a hose and a gas can. In case they give out of gas on their little venture following this chick. By the way what did this chick tell them for them to follow her like this. Are these old roosters or young roosters following this chick?
@myklj999 (18277)
It's a conglomeration of all ages, I believe.
That is the story of my life. Our family travles every three months to a new place, we know the city we are going to but we don't know anything until we get there. It takes a while to figure it all out and then its on to a new destination. I did drive to Texas one time to see GNR on a whim, Texas sure is dark at night, the lone star was not shinning that night.
@myklj999 (18277)
Texas sure is dark at night You know, I was considering earlier today that I never think about the fact that the stars are still shining even in the daytime but I just can't see them.
@fwidman (11515)
I've taken lots of journeys like that through Life. If I had known where I was going, I woulda sat on the couch too
@myklj999 (18277)
Sometimes it's much safer there, ain't it?
@Ravenladyj (22937)
Have you ever taken a journey without knowing your destination until after you got there? LOL hell ya ROAD TRIP!!!!! I think the best one being oddly enough, the night we buried our son my husband and I went out to get milk and for a drive to clear our heads and ended up at Borders bookstore in NY THEN next ting you know we were in Johnstown PA at a hotel..so I could see my bf who was doing time in Cresson....My hubby and I still talk about it to this day actually..
Hi myklj999, Well I am glad you can just sit and your couch and and laugh and enjoying yourself, and yes I have done that, a few years ago my and I just got on the motorbike and headed of fo miles till we came to the lake district in Deryshire and had a wonderful time visiting the famous caves and having a ride on the chair lift then we watch the water falls, then made our way home, we got home very late but we certaintley enjoyed ourselves. Tamara
@myklj999 (18277)
I'm a couch carrot...er...potato.
@leenie50 (3992)
Hey Mykl, That oblivian thing is pretty out there for me. I have enough oblivian in my own real life to want to go any deeper. You know I;ve traveled the states at least 4 times but always with a destination. I would love to take a road trip and just go without having any plan. If you happen to be near some really neat attraction or whatever, maybe you check it out and maybe you don't. No worries or time lines. Just traveling the roads. Yeah, that's for me. leenie
@myklj999 (18277)
I used to go hitchhiking when I was younger...no destination, just out on the road for a week or two to see what I could find. Had some really great times back then.
@riyasam (16578)
it happened to me once.my hubby and kids packed me in the car and started driving without telling me were they are going.since it was my birthday ,i thought maybe they are taking me to some nice dinner place.imagine my surprise,when i landed at my in-laws place!!!!!i didnt find it amusing!!
@myklj999 (18277)
You would think your husband would realise that birthdays and in-laws don't mix.
@riyasam (16578)
according to him,i can go on wishing.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Thats one thing I wish i was doing right now..taking a nice trip somewhere..could care less where its at as long as i get there fast..Who wants to come along?
@myklj999 (18277)
I wanna come! ...along.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Party of two please!
Yep, and found myself right back where I started. Had fun along the way, though. All in all, it was a good trip.
@myklj999 (18277)
If you found yourself, at least that means you won't be lost alone.
No, but once I arrived back, I was.
@makingpots (11922)
What'd I miss. Can I still come? Texas girls unite!
@myklj999 (18277)
Oh Lord, there's another one of 'em...