christmas is coming, how do you feel about it?

@jersey86 (1348)
christmas is almost coming but it seems that its like an ordinary days to me not like the other years.. that even by mid of november its like christmas to us here in our country that where ever i look in the street i can see sparkling lights by christmas series lights but at this years.. i just saw a few of it.. Is this happening on your place too? i guessed its because of world economic crisis.. so do you think i am right?
@jillbeth (2711)
I love the season but over the years have become disgusted with the mass consumerism involved. Every year the madness begins earlier. Maybe with this economic crisis we will celebrate Christmas by realizing that Christmas isn't about spending huge amounts of money, but spending quality time with our loved ones. I'm looking forward to spending the day with lots of kids and grandkids under my feet.
@jersey86 (1348)
yeah your right jillbeth... its now a good idea to spend our time with out family without spending a huge amount of money... what matters most is that we have our family happy and enjoy celebrating the christmas... thanks for the reply.. I really appreciate it..
I hate the holidays. The only thing good about it is i get a few days off to go see my family. Having an entire holiday based on exploiting a character flaw like greed should be done away with. If religious folks still wish to celibrate it they can do so quietly in private. If I was religious i'd be protesting stores for taking advantage of something i devote my whole life to to make money. Luckily im not. And this time of year, which seems to start earlier and earlier, is when all the religious wingnuts come out fighting over who's better represented in the town square nativity scene. Um, other religions celibrate the coming of their lord on entirely different dates so im not sure why its an issue. Not to mention the stress of buying presents for people, especially lately. Ugh. Im a total scrooge. Religion shouldnt be public and presents shouldnt be expected. And I HATE cold weather. Good thing i moved to Arizona :)
@lumenmom (1996)
I feel that Christmas is nothing like it use to be when I was a child. It is so hard to get into the holiday spirit but I try to for the sake of my daughter. I hear a lot of people say Christmas is just not what it use to be. I guess we just have to make the best of it.