Priceless Moments....

Hello everyone! How have you all been doing? The past few days I have been out of commission because I have been sick. I don't mean just a slight cold or anything like that. I mean I have been full blown, bed ridden, felt like I was dying sick! It all started around 1am Sunday. I woke up will the most awful feeling in my tummy. I had diarrhea and I was vomiting too. Every 20 minutes I'd have to crawl out of bed and rush to the bathroom due to one of these problems or the other, or sometimes both. This went on for for about 3 or 4 hours, though I ended up just getting a pan to use for the vomiting problem. On top of this my sinuses were going crazy and my head felt like it was going to explode! It wasn't until late yesterday that I started feeling a little bit functional again. Anyway, late Sunday morning, as I lied in bed feeling lousy my children brought me a coffee cup. "Here ya go mom", they said, "this is so you will get better." Inside the cup was what looked to be the equivalent of a dose and a half of Nyquil. My kids had put it in a coffee cup because we lost the dosage cup that came with the bottle a while back and they were afraid they would spill it if they tried to put it on a spoon, LOL! Mind you I had not asked my kids to bring me anything, though they had heard me talking on the phone to their father briefly to find out when he was going to be home from hunting because I was sick. It was such a priceless moment, my kids trying to take care of me...awwww... So when was the last time you got really sick? Have your children ever tried to take care of you when you were sick?
@sharra1 (6344)
That really is sweet. I am lucky to have a partner who takes care of me when I am sick now but when I was on my own it was awful to be really ill and have no one help or care about you. I think you are very lucky to have children who care enough to want to make you better.
Thanks sharra, I think I am lucky to have them too.
I used to get Migraines alot and both of my boys would bring me something cold for my head. They would close the curtains so it would be dark for me. Sometimes they would massage my feet. I always love that and they both knew the thing that would give me the best relief. Very sweet when your kids try to help you when you are sick or having a Migraine. Children are precious. Your story is very uplifting.
Yes, I agree that it is very sweet and precious when kids do that sort of stuff
@sunita64 (6474)
I think at such times only you come to know that you are loved. Well I do not have children but somehow my neighbors are really good and when I fall ill that is something rare, they really care like my own parents. Touch wood this world is full of good people that is why it is surviving.
I think it's wonderful that you have such kind neighbors who will do that for you.
@jillmalitz (5132)
Boy you really got into it, didn't you? Glad you are feeling better. I rarely (knock on wood) get sick. I did have a bad case of the flu once which was no fun. But my worst time was when I was in college and I got pneumonia. The doctor first said I had bronchitis but it never got better. He finally x-rayed me and discovered I had pneumonia which had worsened into pleurisy too. He told me I could either be hospitalized or put to bedrest at home. I took the home route where my mother took care of me. I hurt so much that nothing I did made me stop hurting. Luckily I have not been very sick over the last few years.
@lilybug (21182)
Awww....that was very sweet of them. I have not been really sick for awhile, but one day about a month and a half ago my back hurt so bad I could barely move. I woke up with a back ache and the longer I was awake the worse it got. My son got me out the back massager and out it on the recliner for me, got me a drink, and even rubbed some cream on my back that was supposed to help.
It was very sweet of your son to get the back massager out and set it up for you and to rub the cream on your back and bring you a drink.