Do you preferred Christmas Gift for your friends?

@miamhae (339)
I always preferred gift in my friends every Christmas even it is a simple one, when I was student I do Christmas card for them but when I have a Job already I buy for them gift even its a cheap one just to make sure every body have a gift... But now I'm so so far with them, I send them messages to greet them, and make a joke, "count the Christmas I'm not present" lol, but even here in abroad or other country I have new friends I do also a thing I do before, I buy a bar of chocolate and gift them when I saw them with a greetings of Merry Christmas.... So do you preferred gift for your friends even small things?
We could never afford to buy gifts for all our friends, and acquaintances. However secret santa is fun to do some years. This year I gave two of my coworkers each a book, they love to read. My husband is giving to his boss, and a close friend, both gift cards to eat out at their favorite places.
@miamhae (339)
To greet them Merry Christmas its mean you remember them are enough and understandable specially this time of crisis. Thanks my friends Merry Christmas advance.... Take care
Merry Christmas, in advance, to you as well. May the season bring you much happiness.
@sid556 (31003)
My friends & I do not exchange gifts. It is too hard with the economy as it is. We all decided a few years ago to just enjoy the holidays and focus on family for the gift part of it.
@miamhae (339)
Well Christmas are not just giving or receiving a gift, its also time to show your friends that you don't forget them even wherever they are, just sending of give them a messages on Christmas... Thanks sid, Advance Merry Christmas to you and to your family
@hildas (3031)
That really is a lovely gesture and this is what Christmas should be all about. Giving friends a small and thoughtful gift instead of really expensive ones. What you do is lovely and my grandmother used to do this. She would even give her neighbours a little gift to show she cared. Welldone miamhae. You are a really thoughtful and a very kind person. Take care and Merry Christmas to you.
@miamhae (339)
Thanks Hildas.. Merry Christmas to you too... Take care