Going the extra mile for nothing

I was moving my desk and had to take every thing off so I had to unplug everything from my computer. after I hooked everything back up my monitor wouldn't come on so I hooked it up to an old computer and it worked, so here's what I thought "my computer must be messed up I need to go have it looked at" anyway I took it to have it looked at and toe guy shows me that it's working just fine. Come to find out I had plugged my monitor into the wrong port. About a year ago I had added more video memory and forgot that you had to plug the monitor into a different port now. On the way back home I was thinking "I bet I'll make sure I remember that the next time!" I put tape over it as soon as I got back home. Have any of you ever forgot something as stupid as that was before?
@amitavroy (4826)
well i guess everyone of us make such stupid mistakes some time or the other and we do laugh at them later. ye even i have made such mistakes quite a few times and i will say that never mind. we all make such mistake and i think it is just that we tend to forget with the time and that is why it happens.
I hope I don't start to forget more as I get older, sometimes i feel like I would be in bad shape.
yup, a lot of times. i don't usually memorize things like that. i am more of a logical person. i try to do logic with everything and if it doesn't work, try to fix whats wrong with my logic.
@theonerm5 (365)
Yes I've plugged my monitor up like that a few times but I always realized it shortly afterwards. The thing is exactly that you have oboard graphics and a graphics card and when then graphics card is plugged in it automatically switches over to that and the onboard graphics can't be used.