Orange feather boas

@dawnald (84155)
Shingle Springs, California
Nope, discussion is NOT about orange feather boas. Question - does it bother you if a discussion has a header that has nothing to do with the topic? And why? Do you feel deceived or fooled? Generally it doesn't bother me but if it did I probably would just not bother to reply.
@webeishere (36377)
It does not bother me as I read all my email notifications all the wayh through. I do odd titles that are on the topic of the discussion yet off topic as well to attract attention to mine. The first sentence or two are also a tad off topic but yet along the lines of the topic as well. This generates a lot more interest in my discussions. I don't always do this but when I do I seem to get a lot more responses. Of course when I do this I get some responses geared towards the title alone and know the person did not read the whole discussion by what they responded with. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
I do it too occasionally. And occasionally I get replies based on the header and not the topic. Or once in a while I get replies that are so off topic, I'm not really sure WHAT the person was reading. But oh well, that's life!
@hildas (3031)
If it gets a reply thats all that matters. It caught my eye anyway so here I am replying to it. No I do not feel deceived at all. I am actually glad it is not about orange feather boas. What on earth would I have said about them. A good topic Dawn. I reply to some discussions also that the title has nothing to do with the discussion.
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
um I dunno, that they go well with your favorite purple sweater?
@hildas (3031)
Yeah bootiful.
@rocketj1 (6957)
Trendsetter!
@rocketj1 (6957)
I often wonder why the header is chosen. I guess I'm not irate about it or anything. But are these same people the ones who always complain that their whole post was not read?...........probably!
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
lol well that might be a good point!
@hildas (3031)
Well said rocketj1
@rocketj1 (6957)
Thanks, both of you!
@rusty2rusty (6768)
• Defiance, Ohio
If a title catches me ye, I will read further to see if the discussion its self leads to an interest. Most times it does and I give a reply. I tend to answer discussions late. because well it seems I always a day late and a dollar short. But that leads to a new discussion already, now doesn't it?
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
Go for it. I've done my fair share of discussions today! lol
• Defiance, Ohio
I did. I went and started one. lol. Oh I never did make a comment on your title. I will now. So, this comment goes with teh guidelines and is not a one liner. Lol. Leave it up to me to make sure of that huh? Any who, about boas. I have never owned one. But my daughter who is 8 yr old loves them. She thinks it is neat when girls have those, scarfs and more. She is a girly girl for sure. So, I tend to buy her stuff like that to dress up in and play with.
@maximax8 (27048)
I look at the title and decide what the discussion is going to be about. Another clue is the topic it is headed under. I saw a discussion posted under a very unusual topic and it should have been posted under 'travel'. It doesn't bother me if the header has nothing to do with the topic if I understand the what is written in the discussion. The other day a discussion had a poor header and then talked about something different entirely. Someone mentioned he or she should have done a cut and paste of the information they wanted to highlight. English is my mother tongue and I am learning Spanish. I admire people's attempts at English and know that is why some headers have nothing to do with the topic.
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
Weird things do happen. Certain people, I visit their discussions pretty much no matter what, though I don't always reply!
@laglen (19783)
Naw, just annoyed. But I wanted to hear about orange feather boas!
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
Well I'm just deciding if I want one to wear with my purple sweater. What do you think?
@dhangski (3194)
I would feel deceived! But like what you said, it doesn't bother me whether the topic is associated with the whole discussion. If the discussion or the contents itself interests me, I would reply but if it doesn't I wouldn't waste time replying. Happy holidays dawnald. HUGZ always!
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
The same to you!