Fish pie for tea tonight

@Anne18 (11036)
How do you cook your fish pie? I throw the fish in the dish, add some peas and sweetcorn, make a white sauce pour that one and top with mashed potatoes, throw it in the over for about 40 mins or until it looks cooked. Tell me how you cook your fish pie
@jerzgirl (7805)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I've never made anything like that. What kind of fish do you use? If I were to make something like that, I would either use tuna or I'd go with cooked chicken or ham. It sounds interesting, a little like a seafood version of Shepherd's pie (maybe it should be fisherman's pie).
@Anne18 (11036)
The cheapest frozen fish.... coley its a white fish
@jerzgirl (7805)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
So, I could use cod or haddock as well. I'd never heard of colia, but I know the other white fish. Sounds pretty easy to do. I will definitely have to try it. I recently made a pie using leftover pot roast, gravy and peas. I shredded the meat in Mom's processor, stirred in the broth and gravy and added leftover peas to the mix and put it all in a pie plate. I topped it with leftover mashed potatoes and it turned out really good. I gave what was left to my daughter to take to work and she liked it as well. But, I'll definitely have to try yours.
@Anne18 (11036)
Fish pie was yummy yummy
@kun2349 (23475)
Fish pie?? I have never heard of it and have never eaten it before.. hehe ^_^ How does it taste like and what kind of fish u use?? Dory fish, fish fillet or snow fish?? hehe SO far, i have only eaten shepherd's pie, chicken pie and the closest to fish will be tuna pie.. hehe
@tyc415 (5706)
I have never heard of fish pie but the way you say you make it sounds wonderful. I do love fish for sure and it is nice to see it cooked other than just fried, baked or broiled.
@subha12 (18462)
We do not make it as such. if still needed, I will say that we make fish fillets. add a coating with gram flour, mashed peas and then fry them
@savypat (20248)
forget it , I'm not cooking, I'm coming to your house for fish pie. Thanks for asking.
@Anne18 (11036)
Plenty for you and everyone else
@Anne18 (11036)
Well Savypat, its in the oven, see you in 30 mins!!LOL
I have never had fish pie. Is this a traditional English dish? And is it true sardines are very popular in England? I read a book by an English chef and she said sardines were very popular, especially on sandwiches.
@Anne18 (11036)
I have no idea if fish pie is a traditional english dish. I'm not sure if sardines are popular, I like them on a baked potato as they are very cheap to buy in a tin
@Humbug25 (12552)
Hi Anne18 I do almost the same as you but I cook the fish in milk and then use that to make a cheese sauce with. I put the sauce with the fish, some broccoli and cauliflower and then throw some mash on top and then slam it in the oven until it is brown on the top.
@tyc415 (5706)
Yummy, that sounds good too with the cheese sauce and broccoli.
@suzzy3 (8400)
Thats exactly how I make mine,it is delicious do you use cheese sauce sometimes really lovely,the flavour is something else.I serve mine with brocolli.
@winterose (39931)
I don't like fish pie, I hardly like fish, my mom loves salmon pie though.
@missybear (11396)
I never made fish pie,but i'm gonna try your recepice it sounds really yummy.