The Do's And Don't's of Christmas Shopping...

Only after you've been around the mall a few times, do you start figuring out the do's and the don'ts of shopping for gifts. It dawned on my while I sat with my feet up on the trash can(getting my second wind to go around a few more times) there are some do's and don'ts in shopping for gifts. here is what I've learned (the hard way) so far... Home made gifts... Great idea IF YOU KNOW what you are doing! for instance you can take a plain tee shirt and iron on any message! and pull it off as a designer tee shirt! BUT Don't assume that the words on a tee shirt would look great on ANY garment. For example: writing "Daddy's Girl" looks great on a tee shirt! but NOT so good on the back of panties! (trust me!) Know your perfumes BEFORE you buy them! some of these fancy places that sell both men's and women's perfumes, THINK that you automatically KNOW which is which.. Last year I bought my dad an expensive bottle of cologne.. only to find out months later that my dad is wearing women's perfume! and I still don't have the heart to tell him! SOOOO... Don't be afraid to ask, before you buy! What have you learned from Christmas shopping (the hard way)? any tips ya care to share?
I found that quite often, if I know who likes to go shopping at what stores, gift cards are usually the best bet. Then they can actually get something they actually want, if not a significant discount. What also helps is that if a store still has a lot of inventory to get rid of after Christmas is over, that is when even better bargains can be found. Furthermore, for someone who does not like to go out to the stores, they might even be able to use the gift card over the internet. In the past, I had gotten gifts that people did not really care much for, despite that I thought they would like it. I I have also read that gift cards are usually the most popular.
I get and give LOTS of gift cards.. but, not to, or from, my parents.. they aren't the gift card kinda people! lol! they would carry it around and forget they have it and NEVER use it. But gift cards are a great gift! I love em!
One of the best ones I did was an envelope. On a piece of paper, I wrote: "I wanted to get you a camaro, but it would not fit into this envelope, so I had to settle for this." I folded the piece of paper in half, & inserted a $50 bill. That was good for a laugh.
Gosh KK! you can send me one of them cards any darn time! lol!