Oily & Dry Hair

What's the best way to get oil from your scalp to the tips of your hair? Right now my scalp is so oily I could run a car from it and the tips of my hair are drier than the Sahara. Nothing I do seems to move the oil down.
@sbeauty (5871)
I've never had this problem and don't really know. However, I would imagine a local beauty salon would be happy to help you find a product that meets your needs. Back in the good old days before they had hair products, I think that was why they brushed their hair 100 strokes every day. Brushing would take the oil from the roots and distribute it down the hair shafts.
I'm brushing it and that does seem to help a bit but I have this feeling I am using the wrong kind of brush? Does that make any sense? Like doesn't stick to the brush I am using or something.
@580356 (717)
try to take bath
Bathing does not move the oil from one's scalp to the tips of one's hair. It either washes the oil out completely or does nothing depending on the shampoo/conditioner combination you use.
@benben (107)
take bath daily