AH man this SUCKS!!

i was going to do a discussion and provide a link but the link had a banned word in it and there fore i couldnt post the link and well that was the whole point since it was medical in nature!! so apparently even if its in a link if its a banned word your not allowed!! how annoying!!
@WebMann (4732)
Well you gave up pretty quick on that one. :) If you have a link that you would like to use that is too long or has words you don't want to show you can use a site like shrinkify.com You just copy your URL and paste it into the URL box and it will create a new, shorter link.
i havent heard of that site but there was another site that was suppose to do something like that and i had used it several times and half the time it would work and the other half it wouldnt so i didnt know if i wanted to risk it
oh and i used the site you listed and it worked great!! thanks for telling me about it!!
@ahgong (10086)
ha ha ha ha ha... I know what you mean. It happened to me a few times as well. I am sure if you think hard enough, you will still be able to get around it. I guess when they put in the filter, the server is not going to care whether the word that is banned is in a sentence or in a http link. As long as it appears, it will flag it and then disallow it.
yeah i know ugh
@nadooa247 (1097)
Well that is why some people go to sites like tinyurl.com so that they can copy and paste their link there and get a compressed version of the link. I don't think that mylot distinguishes links from regular words when it comes to banned words ;) anyways that is one way around it!
i have used tinyurl in the past and had some problems with it.. i know my hubby tried to get it to work for something and it just wasnt working for some reason so i figured i didnt want to risk it and send people to god knows where lol