Merry Christmas's Whats This???

@Tushavi (2078)
Karachi, Pakistan
Hi to All Well, Now here on mylotting I got lot of info about many religions so may I ask you what is means By "Merry Christmas"??? Because I heard a only words" Christians Christmas on 25th December" so can you guys tell me a means of marry??? have a nice day.
@murderistic (2280)
Merry means happy. You could say "Christmas mubarak." Chistmass means the Mass of Christ. Mass is a term that means communion, it is when we celebrate the Lord's supper. It is a celebration of the birth of Christ, although many scholars have agreed that Jesus was probably not born anywhere near December 25. Also, many people, even us Christians, don't celebrate mass on Christmas. So essentially the holiday has become very un-Christian. It is now simply a time to visit family and friends and give and receive gifts from one another.
Merry means happy, but it's almost never used these days. We only hear it at Christmas and in a couple of songs. It's out-dated language. Even those (like me) who aren't Christians enjoy the holiday cheer that replaces the gloomy fears we have the rest of the year. At least people try to be happy in December!
@roniroxas (10576)
Merry means happy, jolly, delightful and entertaining. so when we say merry christmas we hope and love you to have a wonderful, fun and jolly christmas. yes we celebrate christmas on december 25 and it is the birth of Jesus. marry is different from merry. we use merry when we are greating someone during christmas season and marry means getting wed. hope my explanation helps you to understand it.
@deebomb (15323)
Merry is a form of saying happy.