Picture cards

Do you make your Christmas Card out of a photo of your family, or your children, or a pet? I know a lot of people do, and a lot of places make these cards for you. Personally I've never done it, although I've thought about doing it. But I've recently recieved one, and now that I have it, I find it to be so tacky. I like to hang all the Christmas cards I recieve on the wall. It's usually very pretty. But now I have this picture of a little girl I really don't know hanging on my wall with my Christmas cards. It just looks so tacky, and I really don't want a picture of a strange girl on my wall. I sent family photos out with my Christmas cards this year, but I did it differently. I sent a regular card, with a picture inside the card. That way my friends got to see how much my kids are growing, but they still had a card to hang with the rest of the ones they recieve and didn't have to hang our picture with it, unless they wanted to. What is your feeling on the picture cards?
@ravinskye (8242)
I did the picture cards last year. I thought it turned out nice. I used a picture of our whole family in front of the tree. I did it on walmarts website. You can pick different borders to go around your picture and then put your names on it too. I think that photo cards can be nice if you do them like that. we got one this year from my husbands step brother that was a picture of their dogs with santa lol. I've never even seen their dogs before. We haven't seen them in almost 10 years, it would have been nice to have a picture of them.
@lilybug (21148)
I have never done the photo cards before. I have a few family members that have always done them. Even though their kids are grown with families of their own they still get together and do them. I actually don't really care for them. I like the way you did yours. A photo inside of an actual card.