Do You Have To Fax Information? Have You Been Told To Fax Info?

@Chevee (5915)
I have been told many times to fax some information to a certain place. I don't have a fax machine, why would I have a fax machine? Why am I told to fax this information? Well my sister works at a place where she can fax information for me. So I will call her before I go there and ask her if she can fax this info for me. She always does with no problem thanks for that. Have you ever been told to fax some information? Do you own a fax machine?
@tyc415 (5706)
Yes I have faxed many times. I have a friend who lives close by who has a fax machine because of her business. My youngest daughter has a fax machine/printer/copier but she lives far away from me. I normally go up the road and have it done there at a store that also sends packages for you. Last time we had to fax anything my husband took it to work with him and the girl in the office did it for him.
@Chevee (5915)
That is good you have no problem getting your info faxed.
@sudalunts (5526)
My husband's job requires him to fax any orders he made every night, he is a salesman for a major carpet company. In the beginning we did not have a fax machine, and really could not afford to buy one. His friend who doesn't live too far would let him use his. Then another friend of his, said he had a fax that he did not use anymore and gave it to us. It is a hugh fax machine, that we have in our living room on the floor, because we have no where to put such a big machine. It serves our purpose though, even though I have to fax one sheet at time, because the rollers do not work properly. So, the answer to your question, is yes, I do have a fax machine at home. When I was working, it was not a problem, because I would bring anything I needed to fax to work and do it from there.
I've frequently been required to fax information whether it be for work or personal. Many places offer faxing services for a small fee, form libraries to walk-in local businesses. Failing that it is still perfectly feasible to fax via the internet.
Hi Chevee, I used to have a fax machine years ago but now I don't and no one use fax these days, when I was working three years ago I had to use the fax at work, don't know if they still use that old machine, these days its all e-mail, now I think fax is the thing of the past and I have never been told to fax anything recently. Hugs. Tamara
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi chevee~When I was actively looking for a job many years ago I had that very same problem. At that time faxing was the only way to send a resume to apply for a job. So I had to buy a fax machine because I asking people to fax my resumes for me all the time and waiting until they were able to do it or having to go somewhere and fax it myself and there was a faxing fee. Then a few years later everything started to change and it became emailing resumes to the jobs directly. And at that time I didn't have a computer! So I think now it is both emailing and faxing resumes for job applicants to apply for jobs.