I had to cook the turkey today.

@sudalunts (5526)
Here it is a Tuesday, and Christmas is one week away, and I am cooking a turkey. By no means am I complaining, I am unemployed now, and really struggling. My church gave me a food basket and it contained a turkey. It is a pretty nice size turkey and could not fit into my freezer. I let it thaw in the frige for two days, and today, I decided to cook it. I am so blessed, to have received it. So I am having my Christmas dinner today. Have you ever cooked a turkey during the week when it was not a holiday?
@lilybug (21148)
Last winter I bought an extra turkey since they were on sale for so cheap after Thanksgiving. I cooked it up and packaged it up into lots of small packages and froze them to use later.
@sudalunts (5526)
That is what I am going to do. It is just me and my husband, so after the turkey sandwiches, I will freeze the rest.
@eaforeman6 (8983)
Yes, cooking a turkey is good anytime. I always make many things with the leftovers. I make soup and turkey pot pie and other things. We always like just plain turkey sandwhichs.That was a blessing and very kind of your church. Blessings to you!
@sudalunts (5526)
Thank you very much
@deebomb (15323)
I bought a second turkey this week just because we happen to like turkey and it was cheap. We won't be having it for Christmas because the kids wanted something different for dinner. Later I will roast it and put it in smaller portions and use for sandwiches, soups, pot pies and Shepard pie and maybe try something new.
@sudalunts (5526)
That is what is so good about turkeys, there are so any things you can do with the leftovers. Enjoy