My mother treats my kids like they are hers!

I have 2 kids aged 3 and 8. We just recently moved back from Florida so I had to move back in with my mom. I can't wait to get my own place again! My mom is driving me crazy!! She totally ignores what I tell my kids and spoils them rotten. If I say it's bedtime she tells them they can stay up another half hour. If I say it's too late she says that a little piece won't kill them and takes them to get some. How do I get her to stop? It's gotten to the point where my kids just go to her if I say no. Sometimes they just go directly to her if they think I am going to say no. I told my mom that although she is my mom that I'm theirs but she just won't listen!
@jennysp8 (855)
OMG! do I feel for you!! I am in the same situation. I am going through a divorce and had to move myself and my two kids (7 & 5 years old) into my mothers house. She acts as though she is their mother over riding what I say. And she will tell me (right in front of them) if she thinks I am "doing wrong by them"....basically her way of raising kids is not my way of raising kids. I know what it was like to be under her wrath and I don't want that for my kids. I tried having an honest and calm discussion with her about this and it blew up into a major fight...."It's my house"...she'd say...blah blah blah...basically - I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place until I move...I've been here only a little over a month and can't wait to leave. Try talking with her...if that doesn't work you will probably have to just bite your tongue until you can get out of there. Good luck!!!
I feel better now that I vented a bit. Thank you for knowing how i feel. It's hard because I don't want to disrespect my mom but I feel like that's what she's doing tome. I guess I will think carefully before I have a heart to heart with her. Good luck to you too. It's a tough situation we are both in.
IMHO dont take offense. You are her child and those are her grandchildren its seems like only her nurturing duty to try and do what she thinks is helping you. And grandparents are suppose to spoil their grandkids. Your only with her for a short while. Just enjoy having a roof over your head thanks to your mom. :)
Thank you for reminding me of that. It is true that I am her daughter and those are here grandchildren. And like you said if it wasn't for her I don't know what I would do. I guess it's just that since we were gone for 2 years she is trying to make up for lost time. I will just try to deal with it because I will be moving soon. I wish she just wouldn't step on my toes so much. It is very frustrating! Biting my tongue is very hard sometimes!! But I don't want her to get upset over something so trivial. *sigh*