Whoa! Unusual tumor removed from infant's brain!!

@jerzgirl (8058)
Gloucester City, New Jersey
Wow - wait until you read this one! It had to be frightening to the parents to learn their newborn had a tumor in its brain. But, it was nothing compared to what the surgeons found when they removed it!! http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/1-12182008-1639911.html How weird is that??? Have you ever known of any unusual events with a newborn that turned out good, but were still scary at first?
That is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard of, OMG!!! I just can't even imagine I'm so glad the baby is doing ok but WOW!!! Freakin Scary for sure!!!!
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi jerz! Yes, this is beyond unbelievable! but, the way that the doctor is describing it seems to be kind of like it could have been a sort of siamiese twin but it developed in the brain instead? Whatever the case it is certainly scary as hell and beyond bizarre! Do you tell a child something like this ever? Do you hope he never finds out because he will be scarred for life? I'm not sure what to make of it! And now since it was in the news how can they hopefully keep it from this child in years to come so that he doesn't find out? I just hope that he is alright and nothing else happens that is unusual!
@Feona1962 (7527)
Wow!!! What a discovery.....I am sure that is not what they thought they'd see..I pray for the baby to not have any more problems with this... Thank you for sharing..
@Uroborus (910)
Wow, that is strange. I'm not sure if this qualifies as an actual tumor though. I think a tumor results when a part of your own body grows out of control. In this case, it seems that what happened is that the parts of what would have been a twin got stuck inside the baby that did develop.
@tyc415 (5706)
How shocking!!! That is so strange, I have never heard of anything like that in a tumor. I am so happy the baby seems to be fine so far and hopefully he will continue to do well.