Did the Hanging Gardens of Babylon even Exist?

@winterose (39918)
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon are one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, but some historians don't believe they ever existed Do you believe they existed? Here is a story with the history of the gardens http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1309855/hanging_gardens_of_babylon.html?cat=2
i just simply took it at that value...that since history had it, then it must be truly be in existince. that it was constructed by the orders of a king as a present for the queen, i believed that, too. after all, history is supposedly a record of all that had taken place only. so i believed then that there really was such a garden. it was not hanging in the air without supports, though. it was called a hanging garden because the plants were then all hanging from poles and beams. yes, that kind. then, it was presented with a truly amazing architecture to come with. at that time, coming forth with such a garden in such a structural presentation was truly breathtaking. that's what made a world wonder then.
@winterose (39918)
I hope you will read the article my friend
thanks for the best response mark, winterose. yes, i will have to read that article. i just shared with you how it was told to us in the classroom then.
@djonghs (560)
Since they are part of ancient world history, and should part of local legend....at least part of it should be true. I do believe they exist in certain manner, not exactly as books describe. And as time fly, the existence has also fade away with all the evidence. BR.b
@winterose (39918)
well they are still considered part of the seven wonders of the ancient world to the existence has not faded away
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Hi, that was a great read, I guess it is like many stories. We can choose to believe or disbelieve it is our own choices. I like things that has actual proof but I guess if someone wants to believe in a fantasy of something that was grand who am I to dispute their beliefs. For I know I don't like when I have a belief in something and no one believe in it.
@winterose (39918)
yes but they don't have proof of the actual site, so there don't know if it is a legend or actual truthful story, this is no an average person, these are the experts, so it makes it a bit different.
@Lindalinda (4112)
yes I believe they did exist. As your article points out some Greek historians wrote about them extensively. They must have been a magnificent site. There is some confusion as to where they were located. I believe they were in Babylon and they were built for the wife of the ruler. She hailed from Persia and longed for the plants and trees of her homeland. That is why some people say they were actually in Persia (Iran of today).
@winterose (39918)
yes Iraq no one questions that they were in iraq, which was mesopotamia at the time in babylon to be precise but because they cannot find the site they this historians question if they existed or it was a legend. My Matt is satisfied that they were real, I think they were too.