accent

i have been in SC for 2 days and i already picked up the accent! i'm from cali and i'm gonna go home talkin funny!!! why the heck is it so easy to pick up accents? even when i'm hangin out with friends that have them, i end up talkin like that too. but i'll be here for 3 weeks and it's gonna get bad. why me?
@LadyMarissa (12165)
Excuse me...I was born & raised in SC & live just over the border in Georgia now. My guess is, you arrived in SC talking funny. Now you will go home speaking properly!!!
hahaha. okay i'll give you that. don't get me wrong i love SC. I'll be moving here when i finish school. It's the best place i've ever been! so you're lucky to have been raised there. it's just so strange for me. and i swear i've never seen so many black people in one place before! we have maybe 2 black families back home. it's awesome. people are so friendly and things don't seem as stressful. i absolutely love it!!!!!
@LadyMarissa (12165)
I didn't take it wrong. I understand better than you think I do. I moved to Washington DC when I was about 20 years old. The first time I came home my Dad told me to STOP talkin like a dayum yankee!!! I was sayin dog instead of dawg. There are some GREAT people living in SC. I still have friends who live there...about 4 hours closer to the Pacific Coast from where you are. I had just about stopped speakin Southern when I moved back home & now all my old friends in DC want to know where my accent is comin from. I'm as proud to be a Southerner as I am to be an American!!!
haha. amen to that!
@j47lee (743)
hmm.. wen i went back to my home country after 3.5 yrs living in canada... my friends tell me that i talk with an accent... hmmm. i never noticed i had an accent... lol......
i didn't either un til i called my mom and she asked me why i was talkin funny. lol. where you from?