Office Work or Household Tasks?

@djonghs (560)
Indonesia
To you all family men out there,if you should choose between office work earning money for family and doing household tasks. Which one will you choose? Personally, I don't care who should do what in my family. As long as we could support each other. What is your choice? please, let us know. BR.b
@winterose (39921)
well I am a woman and my men always did whatever needed to be done, so there was never an issue of you should do this or that, we shared everything together.
@djonghs (560)
That's cool, but I'll bet you do the most of cooking right? Thanks BR.b
@winterose (39921)
I did but my cousin who is a man does all the cooking in his house because his wife doesn't cook, the same with one of my girlfriends, she doesn't cook and her husband does.
I've always been the worker, as my partner was studying. However, more recently I've become sick so lost my job. I now write at home for a bit of cash. As far as household stuff goes, she tidies and dusts. She cleans the bath and loo. I hoover, clean floors and walls, cook and do the shopping. We pretty much share all tasks, within our physical abilities (I can reach higher, for example!). When we have kids, I can be pretty sure it'll be very much a 50/50 share of time, work and so on. Given a choice, I'd like us both to work part-time and be at home part-time. That is, a 50/50 across the board. She agrees, as long as she doesn't have to cook (she hates that!). lol!
@djonghs (560)
Woah, what a good combination you've got there. Yeah, some girl hate to cook though. Thanks for responding. BR.b
@savypat (20247)
We live on a ranch, everyone does a little bit of everything. It's all work that has to be done so we both do what's needed.
@djonghs (560)
That is a great way of living. But, as observe man always spend more of his time outside then a woman. Thanks BR.b
Hi djonghs This is shankar from India.As I am a male I always prefer to choose office work for earning money rather than doing household tasks.Somehow I can interfere in household tasks for my family where ever required.
@djonghs (560)
That is natural thing to do Shankar. Thanks. BR.b
@sweeety (41)
i think the idea is to cooperate and help out each other so that the burden is not felt by any one member alone..
@djonghs (560)
Yes, that is the idea bu still there is some preferences deep down inside :-D Thanks BR.b
@liisafiat (660)
• Latvia
Well, sorry for dropping in this discussion, as I am a woman and not man... But I just wanted to say HOW COOL it is when man takes the initiative in household works and in looking- after HIS children as well!! Cheers. My best wishes to You!
@djonghs (560)
Yes, but sometime that condition do happened in some part of the world. Thanks. BR.b