Fiber is so importanta in the diet, how do you make sure

that you get enough fiber. ? Which foods , do you incorporate into your diet for fiber? What are your favorite high fiber foods?
I'm pretty sure I don't get as much fiber as I should anymore since my diet mainly consists of pasta. I'm not sure how much is in that. But, I like eating shredded wheat cereals, and broccoli with cheese! I'm not too sure what else has fiber in it. But, if it's other vegetables then I most likely will eat them.
Shredded wheat is great and thats one of my favorites too. I love pasta and I have alot more of it then I should have.lol Merry Christmas...
Pasta has little fibre in it but you could substitute whole wheat pasta to get more fibre. Most vegetables have fiber in them.
@mariposaman (2968)
I try to make choices. It is quite easy to get fiber if you do not choose highly refined foods as these seem to be the ones without the fiber. Eating more unprocessed foods give me enough fiber. I eat whole wheat bread instead of white bread, lots of vegetables, beans and brown rice. I used to supplement my fiber by grinding flax seed everyday and adding to my cereal but I found I was getting too much and I was pooping two or three times a day. I would still use it if I needed to get regular as this is a good natural way to keep things moving instead of laxatives.
I like wheat bread and brown rice alot. They are great and they say brocoli is really great too. Its better to get it all naturaly if you can....Happy New Years!
@jillhill (37354)
I eat alot of chili and those beans have a bunch of fiber in them....also like bran muffins and veggies!
I like beans too. I like the great Northern , Limas, pretty much all of them lol...Happy New Years!
@crazynurse (7510)
You are so right that fiber is very important. For breakfast I have either oatmeal or a Kashi bar, both of which are high in fiber. I eat whole wheat bread and buy only whole wheat pastas. I love sweet potatos and they are rich in fiber. We eat a lot of raw brocolli and salads and also baked potatos too. We love black beans and put them in numerous dishes. They are rich in fiber too.
Those bars are great and have a great taste. Happy New Years and hope your having wonderful holidays!
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables and I now have a sensitivity to wheat, so to make sure I get enough fiber, I get psyllium husks in the organic section of the store (think metamucil withough the artificial flavors and colors).
THATS ANOTHER GREAT WAY TO BE SURE THAT YOU ARE GETTING ENOUGH!HAPPY NEW YEARS AND HOPE YOUR HOLIDAYS ARE GOING FANTASTIC!
I always have fiber in my cereal. That is the absolute easiest way to make sure I am getting a good amount of fiber. Fiber One brand of cereal is my favorite, and their name doesn't lie. They are a great choice for cereal with fiber. Also, Raisin Bran is another good cereal choice for fiber. Other ways to make sure to get fiber are beans. I like black eyed peas, but not really beans.
I love raisin bran... its awesome....happy New YEARS AND HOPE YOUR HOLIDAYS ARE GOING GREAT !
• Marion, Kansas
Any baked goods I make I add flax seed meal or other whole grains. I buy whole grain foods as much as possible. We eat lots of fruits and vegetables daily. That's about all we really do. We eat beans frequently. They are high in fiber as well.
Thats a good way to stay healthy, Happy New Years and hope your having great holidays!