Laurel and Hardy

Laurel and Hardy - laurel and hardy
@Humbug25 (12551)
I bought a couple of really cheap dvd's of Laurel and Harding thinking that my kids would really love them and find them really funny. Why is the film grey mummy? Who are these strange looking men mummy? The questions came thick and fast but I told them to just watch it and they will see what happens. The films were only 15 minutes long each and when they finished I asked them, 'So were they funny?'. 'Noooo' they all answered in chorus! I don't understand, why didn't they find Laurel and Hardy funny? I used to love watching them when I was younger and thought that they were so funny. Do you like Laurel and Hardy?
@howard96h (11659)
• New York, New York
Every "Thanksgiving" morning here in New York City they put on "March of the Wooden Soldiers" on TV with Laurel & Hardy and I still have to watch it every year. I guess it's because we grew up watching them and "Abbott & Costello" and the youngsters today don't see the humor in their comedy. I still love their old movies.
@howard96h (11659)
• New York, New York
@wolfie34 (26793)
Hello my friend, hope you are well! I wasn't awfully struck on Abbott & Costello to be honest, do you remember The Three Stoodges? I haven't seen March of the Wooden Soldiers but I do like Blockheads. Happy Holiday to you!
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi there howard96h I have to agree with wolfie I'm afraid as I was never a huge fan of Abbot and Costello either but love Laurel and Hardy and Chaplin of course. Comedy for kids these days sure isn't the same, it seems all the more complicated! Thanks for your response
@wolfie34 (26793)
Laurel and Hardy used to bring tears to my eyes, literally they were so damn funny! I was brought up on them, as well as Harold Lloyd do you remember him too? I had all the videos of Laurel and Hardy, trouble is it's far too expensive having to convert them to dvd! I could watch them over and over again and I would never truly get fed up with them. It's a shame the younger generation don't appreciate them or see them for what they really are, great classic and a great duo. So many episodes. I love the one when Hardy's wife left him with a baby and her solicitor was suing Laurel for being the object of Hardy's affections and they had to calm this crying baby down with hilarious consequences. I used to always feel sorry for Hardy! Laurel would always stick his finger in Hardy's eye, painful! The music was good to to accompany the scenes and very catchy and hip for it's era. It's a shame your children didn't appreciate them, maybe when they are older, possibly, maybe? They are quite young aren't they so they probably don't understand the humour. Oh well at least we know a good thing don't we my friend! Laurel and Hardy rule and if I had a choice of Laurel and Hardy and some of the 'derisory' shite they put on nowadays I know I'll choose Laurel and Hardy hands down!
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi ya wolfie34 I used to watch Harold Lloyd just after I got in from school I used to love watching him too! You can't beat a bit of Laurel and Hardy though, pure genius comedy! Thanks wolfie
@wolfie34 (26793)
Harold Lloyd BBC2 at 6pm, remembered it well! and Laurel and Hardy is so harmless, you wouldn't catch them swearing for laughs now would you, that's if you are watching the talkies. They put a few episodes in colour, but it's not right is it? It just doesn't go well, Laurel and Hardy has to be in black or white, NOT colour!
@Humbug25 (12551)
I have watched a couple of Laurel and Hardy films that they coloured in and they were awful, just not right, you can't colour in black and white movie it loses it's originality for sure!
@balasri (26554)
They sure are funny.The most adorable and funniest characters ever.I am a die hard fan of them and so is my young daughter.Your kids might not be in a mood for them.They will get a taste of them in due course.The best things always remain the best dear.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi there balasri Yeah maybe you are right. My mum has lent us the film Elf so that seemed to take preference but only for now!! Thanks for your response
@balasri (26554)
@ronaldinu (12445)
• Malta
Yes I do. Yesterday I watched one of their movies while having christmas lunch at my parents. It was really funny. I guess our children have different tastes. Yesterday my wife teased me that I have a white hair growing.... It might means that there is an age gap between our sons and us.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi ya ronaladinu I wished that they were on British tv more often or at all for that fact! Thanks ronaldinu
@riyasam (16578)
i love laurel and hardy movies.i do have a couple of them at home,though my kids donot grasp the meaning of the words they say,they do laugh at the funny sights they potray.i just love to laugh at their silly gestures,
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi ya riyasam I think that they are more visually funny rather than verbally apart from the time I remember them going into a bar to have a drink but can only afford to buy one. Hardy tell Laurel to drink his half but Laurel drinks the lot. Shocked and angry Hardy asks Laurel why he had drank it all and Laurel tells his friend that his half was at the bottom!! LOL Thanks for your response
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I would have loved to have seen the dvd's. I l adored Laurel an Hardy. They really were funny. Maybe it was just they were a product of the times and that is why we thought that they were funny. Maybe or probably the children are so much more sophisticated to day than I ever was. Blessings
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi cynthiann They could wait for it to finish so that I could put Elf on!! Thanks for your response
@apples99 (6564)
Hey there humbug25 I like the three stooges a little more I'm afraid I never really got Laural and Harding that much anyway I also bought 2 DVD'S I bought V the original TV mini series and Hercules starring Lou ferrigno I know there both really cheap and cheesy looking for today's standards but I enjoy them anyway lol. well enjoy your holiday and happy posting.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi ya apples99 Yeah the 3 stooges were great too but Laurel and Hardy get my vote every time! Thanks for your response and Happy holidays to you too!
@deebomb (15323)
When I was a kid we would see Laurel and Hardy on Saturday morning TV. They were funny. I always felt sorry for Laurel because Hardy was always hitting him with his hat.Today's kids are used to seeing a different kind of humor. I like Buster Keaton myself. I got started watching these and couldn't stop. They are so funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DforvQnEuIU&feature=related
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi ya deebomb Yeah Laurel always seemed to pull the short straw too huh? Thanks for your response