Do you let your kids open one gift christmas Eve?

It was a holiday tradition in our house as kids, so I continued it with my own. now my kids are with thier children. What are the traditions in your home? I kow people who open all thier gifts christmas eve. while others (like my husbands family) Think it isnt right to open anything before the holiday comes. Any one care to share?
@jessi0887 (2794)
My parents use to always let us open one gift early. I will probly do the same for my kids. This year we are opening all the present on christmas eve due to family conflict. Can't talk about it though.
Enjoy your early Christmas and thanks for the post!
I do not let me kids open presents on Christmas Eve, but they are still so young that Santa has to leave the presents still! So that seems to work out really good, but they still wake up SUPER early on Christmas Day to open presents that Santa brings over night. So sometimes we wish that they would get opened on Christmas Eve, but we are always at my parents house normally. However, I still think its best to open on Christmas day so you can celebrate the birth of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Merry Christmas and God Bless!
Thanks for sharing, Our kids will open one gift christmas eve after church, and the rest in teh am... I think that time with family is really special. some do it Chirstmas eve while others do it christmas day. I am luck that everyone comes here now days! ave fun!
@LadyMarissa (12161)
Due to my brother being a royal pain in the azz, we've always opened ALL our gifts on Christmas eve. We used Christmas day to visit with friends & family!!!
that is great that you can spend time with family. Thanks for the reply! Have Fun!
I was never allowed to open anything early and being older it hasn't changed at all. We don't open any of our gifts until Christmas morning. This year however I did get one thing early because I knew I was getting it, in fact I know everything I'm getting I just can't touch it until Christmas morning.
Thanks for sharing, That is certianly another twit to gifts! are they things you asked for? Enjoy!
@jzqt27 (542)
my tradition is kind a both ways, if my parents or me are too busy, i usually let my kids open it before christmas eve/day or i will take them out and just let them pick what they want (if they pick, they will only get 2 presents). yeap thats my traditional. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THAT?
do you give them a dollar amosunt.. if I let my kids pick two gifts I am sure they would find the most costly lol.... I do have thm wirte a wish list and try to work for that, but they know there are no gaurntees.. Thanks for sharing!
@shymurl (2768)
That was the tradition when I was growing up. I have continued it with my children. We actually have added. We do one present from for the kids from me and my husband. And we also go down to their grandparents house and open the gifts that they got them. Then Christmas morning is when Santa comes with the rest of the presents.
family time is so nice to share, especially when there are grand and great grand parents still able to share! Thanks for the reply!
@msis09 (1)
we're only allowed to open our gifts on Christmas day...but we help wrap most of them.
Thanks for the reply, wow, wraping your own gifts sorta takes the surprise out of it!!