It's official

The young child's remains found within blocks of the Anthony home are confirmed as belonging to Caylee Anthony. I saw the Paula Grace show last night where they said that when Casey Anthony heard the news she declined a clergyman and asked to see her defense attorney instead. There was a heated debate over what this means for her case. What do you think? A lot of people think she did it already, does this prove anything else to you? Or do you think perhaps she's just not a spiritual person?
@Barb42 (4216)
I don't think it means anything when she doesn't want to see clergy. She probably wanted to see her defense lawyer because she's been charged with murder of her daughter. Either she's guilty and she's scared or she's not guilty and she's afraid she's going away for murder anyway. Either way, it doesn't look good for her simply because of the way she reacted during the first few weeks of the disappearance of her daughter. She partied when she should have been trying to find her daughter, telling her parents the truth and getting the police involved. Instead, she told a lie presumably, and then her parents are the ones that turned the case in to the cops. She is really stupid, irresponsible or guilty - maybe all three.
I'm guessing all 3, but if she's not guilty, than she's still stupid and irresponsible. I didn't think it meant anything either that she didn't want to see clergy, I figure she's just not religious.
Unfortunatly our justice system is all messed up. You can have all the evidence, including DNA samples to prove beyond a doubt that she did it, but for some reason she could still walk. If the cops didn't do their job just right, she could walk. The lawyers fight over what will be allowed in court and what won't be. It's all ridiculous. I think if there's any proof that she did it, she should be locked away forever. It shouldn't be about who's the better lawyer, it should be about the evidence, whether it points towards her or not.
@Barb42 (4216)
That is the thing about the justice system, though. You are assumed innocent until proven guilty. And if they can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, then, she will walk. I heard today about the guy who 'found' and 'reported' about the bag 3 times in August. Well, they never went out to check on it or didn't go in there and check, something like that. But, they did check the same place about 3 different times, and never found anything. Now, this guy walks back in there and 'finds' the bag where they had already checked. Sounds sort of fishy to me, and to some of the people who were talking about it today. But they went on to say that the police say 'he seems like a good guy' -- so they are saying they aren't interested in him. So I guess we will have to wait and see what really is going to happen in this case. Some were saying today that the finding of the body now helps the defense because of the way it has been handled.
@anniepa (27248)
I don't really read much into it that she declined to see a clergyman. Everyone reacts differently in a situation like this one, I mean I have NO idea how I'd react in this kind of situation since I can't imagine ever being in such a situation, but even if Casey were innocent, even if she were a typical grieving mother (neither of which I believe to be the case with her) she could have this type of reaction. Maybe she isn't a spiritual person or maybe she prefers to pray in private. Whether she's religious or not or whether she wanted to see a clergyman or not really doesn't change my opinion one bit - I think she's guilty. I'm not sure if it was an accident or premeditated although in my heart I HOPE it was an accident, and I'm not sure at this point she didn't have some help in hiding the body. I just hpe justice is done in this case no matter what really happened. It doesn't take much to plant that tiny bit of doubt in the jury when the evidence is mostly circumstantial. We'll probably never know the whole truth about what happened to beautiful little Caylee. Annie
@lilybug (21147)
That is all very sad. I think it is all guilt not that she is not spiritual that she asked for her defense attorney instead of visiting with the clergyman. That poor little girl can finally be laid to rest and some peace can come to the family that really cares.