can you teach somebody?

@savypat (20248)
I think teachers are sadly underrated. It takes a special talent to be able to teach someone. Do you have a teaching talent?
I think that I can teach someone fairly well. At one point, I wanted to be a teacher. I think that it depends on the subject you are trying to teach. I would not try to teach someone on subject that I am not very familiar with. I think that it is wonderful to be able to teach someone. To see the light bulb turn on when they finally understand something is very rewarding. I think that if you can teach someone to do something, they might be able to return the favor to someone else. In a while, everyone will be teaching someone else and we will all gain knowledge. I guess that is a pretty optimistic view, but it might work.
Teaching is definitely my calling.I love it because I do it well, and I do it well because I love it. If only we were paid enough to live on///
@regal_aeros (2606)
nope. not at all. my mum has all the patience to teach little kids though. I have no idea how she can stand facing them day in day out. for me, i have absolutely no patience to teach one child, much less an entire class of 25. i do admit, one has to be extra patient and have some talent in teaching.
I taught college for about six years. Yup, I could teach people...I was not trained to be a teacher. But to teach college in India, you only need a Masters...you don't need teacher training. So, of course, I did not know much about teaching. However, I did well...and the kids fared well. I quit teaching because it was just not my cup of tea. I am a quiet sort of person, and I like a private sort of life. A teacher's life is too public. Cheers and happy Mylotting
@rocketj1 (6957)
One on one, I can actually be a pretty good tutor. I have often been asked to train new employees in several jobs and really enjoyed it. Now, in front of a group? No. I am much too self-conscious. I do ok when I've lead Bible Studies at church. But I am following a guide book and not just lecturing in front of the group. Then I would be way too nervous.