Does This Make You A "Man" Or An Animal?

By JJ
@myklj999 (13866)
Olney, Illinois
A lesbian gang-raped by four "men". http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081223/ap_on_re_us/lesbian_rape Now, it's not the fact she was a lesbian; any woman raped has been raped by an animal in my opinion. But this reminds me of a "friend" I used to have. I worked with a very attractive lady who was a lesbian. When my friend made a comment about he'd like to "tap that" I told him he wasn't her flavor. When it finally got through his thick skull what I meant, his reply was "she just hasn't had the right man give it to her". WTF? And there are so many "men" out there with this same philosophy. They just don't get it, and I just don't get them. But maybe it's because I am a man (in my opinion) and am not threatened by things like gays or lesbians. A real man doesn't have to force himself on someone. He can understand what "no" means, and he can understand that his sexuality should not be threatened by someone else's sexuality. I'm not sure what my point is here; I just read the article and had to rant. Rant finished.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
This is the type that really makes it hard for good men that really care..I've given up on trying to understand these men and I feel its partly of how they were raised to respect anyone whether they are man or woman...I just hope they understand that someone in their life may get something bad happen to them and how will they feel about that then? Sadly this girl will hate men..
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
well i guess i agree with your opinion on this situation..being a man is when to accept defeat or understand what "no" means...i guess its the male ego that had been touch on this crime...trying to prove something...
@polachicago (19075)
I try to say something, but no words are coming. I am shocked and mad. I wanted to listed at least 20 bad words but all are prohibited on Mylot...
@Ithink (10673)
It makes you lesser then an animal, it makes you totally unhuman and a waste of human skin as far as Im concerned! It makes me completely sick. I have a daughter who is a lesbian and I cant even imagine...
@laglen (19782)
That is awful. I appreciate your rant though. I think you hit the nail on the head that these neanderthals seem to think something like that would change her mind? Hopefully these animals are caught and allowed to enjoy the big guy in the big house!
@Chevee (5915)
I think they are lower than animal. What make them think that someone want what they have. I hate to hear someone say things like that (she hasn't had the right man yet) what make them think they are the right man. They should be castrated. My old crazy neighbor get angry with me sometime and tell me I just need a man (that is because I live alone, not that I am gay). I always reply with "why so he can beat the he$$ out of me like you do your woman". People should just leave other people to their own lives and not judge or force themselves on anyone. If those lesbian want a man I am sure they can get one of their own.
Hi myklj999, I agree with there but for one thing, please don't refer those evil people as animals, that is an insult to animals as they don't do things like that, the trouble with men is that they have too much for a ego and thinks they are gods gift to woment, well they are not, their brains are down below and I don't mean all men so don't get me wrong. Tamara
@devref (240)
i follow your drift here.anyone who rapes another person is the lowest of the low and should face the ultimate punishment that there country allows.and we have to remember its not only women who can be raped.
@James72 (26829)
"Animal" is probably way too soft a word to describe people that commit acts like this. Any man that forces themselves on anyone is not just an animal, they are also a coward. I have never understood the mentality some people have towards Gays and Lesbians either. It's like women that think they can be the one to "turn" a Gay man back to liking women?? People just need to accept that preferences are preferences and why the heck do they think that anyone NEEDS to be changed anyways? It is what it is and what concern is it of theirs?
@xParanoiax (6999)
It's an insult to animals to call people like that animals. They're just...MUCH less than men. Lower than dirt, stuff like you have to clean off your shoe. I wish more men had the courage to say what you just have Myk!
@lotdj11 (73)
This world is just like that. Some people play the role of jerk. You can't expect all of the man suddenly change to be good at all. basically they do anything is just for fun I guess. They would never consider any others feeling. They are just bunches of animal--just like what you call. So let's say we have to learn have the power to protect ourselves. Shame on them !
@Barbietre (1440)
Wow, You are a very enlightened man. Too bad more men did not think like this. I really wonder if they are just not sure of their own manhood somehow and have a need to strike out at things that threaten them.
Rape certainly does not make you a man. I really don't understand how people can do such things to another human being. Not even in the darkest, most twisted corners of my imagination can I wrap my brain around things like this. In my opinion, respecting another human being, and his or her wishes, and accepting them the way they are is what makes a man a real man, not playing cave man, and just taking what you want.
@camomom (7536)
A rapist, in my opinion, is not even an animal. I wouldn't want to insult the poor animals by classifying them together. They are the lowest most discusting scum around. I'd say what I really think but I'm not allowed to use those words here. Hey, jack*ss's, NO MEANS NO, whether the woman is gay, straight or bi!!! The "men" that you are talking about that feel threatened by lesbian's are NOT men, they're idiots and still little boys. They probably have very small.......also and feel threatened by real men also. "Men" like your "friend" are probably really deep down inside gay and are trying to prove to themselves and everyone else that they aren't.
• Belize
I totally understand you, as a guy i know mean when 'no' means that n i see that which ever man cant do this and try otherwise as inferior to me. I understand the metal factors involved in this but i mean gorsh. Its toooooooooooooo much.