Just don't feel inclined

@saundyl (9690)
Today i know i need a shower...I want to try my new shampoo BUT I'm cold and its just appealing to well strip down get wet shower and dry off. I'd end up feeling even chillier than i do now. There's a windchill warning and theres drafts tonight in the house. I'm also sick and really not feeling very energetic. I know if i dont do it tonight i cant really do it before work tomorrow or i will catch a chill its supposed to be -35c again tomorrow and i ahve to drive to work...ick frozen hair. Do you ever have days where you know you need to shower or should shower but arent inclined because you're cold or not feeling well? Do you do it anyways or put it off?
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I am more apt to put it off unless we need to go somewhere and then I will take a shower. I try not to put it off but if I have a cold then I won't take a shower unless I feel like it will help.
@saundyl (9690)
That makes sense. The only reason im thinking i need one really is because i have to go to work tomorrow...last 2 work days before a weeks holiday i just cant call in sick.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Yes, that wouldn't look good. You know what they do say though, a nice shower makes you feel better. I think the best thing you could do is warm your bed up in some way, (a heating pad, maybe) if you have an electric blanket that will work... and then go hop in the shower! Happy Holidays!
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
I was feeling cold but I put a gas heater in the room and put it on before going to have my shower. Yes I had a couple of days when I felt like you did. when I feel like this i have to do extra effort since i always feel better afterward after a shower.
@saundyl (9690)
I did end up having the shower but i didnt feel better. i still felt cold and sick but now i was clean...and i didnt have to have it then go outside right away. Its so cold here.
@cher913 (25890)
yup. i have been fighting some sort of viral thing and it is knocked the energy right out of me and like you, tomorrow i have to go to work, so the less i have to do today, the better. maybe tonight, i will have a nice hot bath.
@saundyl (9690)
Being sick sucks hey? I did end up having the shower but i blow dried my hair so i didnt feel near as chilled when i opened the bathroom door.
yeah especially in winter!! when i get cold i cannot warm up again!! and my hair is really thick so washing my hair hurts my arms by the end of it lol.. but i am a clean freak and cant skip 1 day of bathing so i always end up taking a shower or bath but just am late about getting to it
@saundyl (9690)
your arms hurt from washing your hair? I only wish my hair was thick! I ended up putting a heater in the bathroom for 20m minutes THEN showering last night and dressing in the bathroom then blowdrying my hair so i didnt get freezing again.
@lilybug (21148)
I have had days like that. I am already freezing my butt off and the thought of hopping in the shower does not appeal to me at all. If I don't have anywhere to go I will usually skip it. If I have somewhere I need to go I will sometimes brave the shower and other times I will just lean over the tub and wash my hair.
@saundyl (9690)
Ohh thats a good idea...dont have to get cold to do that!
@shonali (1286)
i myself havent had a bath today..... down with cold..... and basically feeling way too lazy to go in for a bath..... there were times when at the end of the day i used to realise that i havent had a bath or rather forgotten to have a bath and then go in for a bath at night before going to bed :P i know that sounds really careless but most of the time when i am in a hurry and i know that the bath will get me late to where i need to go then i tell myself that i can come back and have a bath but more often than that i tend to forget :P
@saundyl (9690)
Thats how i'm feeling today!
@Kumaresan (450)
hello there... well, i also do have the times where i feel so cold and can't even touch the cold water... i really cannot take a bath under cold water... if i take it, i will be shivering a lot... i also normally don't take my bath during early morning too... but if the climate is so hot and the water also cold too, i love to take shower during that time because of the cooling sensation... my mom plans to install a hot water system... i hope i can finally bath during the times when the water are so cold...
@saundyl (9690)
oooh cold showers. I so would be putting that off. I have a hot water heater (i dont really think you would stay very healthy in the winter here always having cold showers)