I HATE games!!!

@miamilady (4924)
I'm not talking board games here I'm talking about the games they play when you go to buy a new car. And the games they play when you try to settle your debts. I love (being very sarastic here)when people start off saying "no we absolutely can't do that". THEN when they figure out they aren't going to manipulate you into doing what they want, then suddenly... OH maybe we can work something out. This doesn't only happen with buying cars and settling debt. I've had the same issue with the school system. My child had a problem. They said the couldn't help. They said they couldn't accomadate him. Well, when they saw that I wasn't going away and giving up, they FOUND A WAY to work with us! Why do people insist on playing games??
@jillmalitz (5132)
Sometimes I think they play the games cause they want to get rid of half interested people. "only the fittest survive". Also people need to do their own homework and not be satisfied with what people tell them. I have learned that in these days you have to do your own research into things and make sure you go armed with information cause sometimes the people you talk to may not know as much as they lead you to believe or they may just not be interested. You have to be persistent when dealing with people.
@miamilady (4924)
"Sometimes I think they play the games cause they want to get rid of half interested people. "only the fittest survive"." I think you are right there. They try do "weed out" the weak of heart, in a way. You have to pe persistent sometimes.
@savypat (20246)
This seems to be part of the human condition, I think it's all about power, humans seem to be very concerned about power. I like to say, I'm not one but if I really dig deep into my motivations I find the same thing there. Power.
@miamilady (4924)
Yep, you're right. I think along with some peoples need for "power" there is also a need to feel "in controll" of things. Perhaps it's the same thing, but I think there are also some differences. Thanks for you reply. Take care.
@wolfie34 (26793)
It happens in relationships as well my friend! A great psychologist wrote 'The Games People Play' it's like getting the upper hand, people need to feel they have the power to possess and wield over others, like some sort of ego trip and they will try on whether consciously on unconsciously, it becomes so 'barbaric' like reverting to the caveman days, survival of the fittest and all that. If you are a mouse people will walk all over you, stand up and be counted and they know they can't get one over on you. In an ideal world we shouldn't need to play games with other people's emotions, feelings, bank balance etc, but we are human and sadly we do. To some people life is a game and depending on the person the game can be fair or totally ruthless. It has a knock on affect on others though! Life is a game full of rules and whether we like it or not we all have to play the game.
@miamilady (4924)
I was thinking about the games played in relationships also, but I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to touch on that subject too. But, your right! Unfortunately, there is no way of avoiding it. Thanks for the post! :-)
@nanajanet (4436)
When I bought my current car, I went to a dealer where the price is what the price is. No negotiations. It is the bottom price that they will give. The owner is a very religious man who feels those games of bargaining for a better price are lies. I will always go to this dealer. He has the 3rd largest Subaru dealer in the USA and everyone recommends him because of his honesty. I hate the games and it makes me angry, too. I do not get it either. I guess when you call or bluff them, they must play their hand.
@reinydawn (11649)
We all know that the finanial stuff - cars and credit - are to make someone else richer. They're looking out for themselves, not for you. I remember when I was looking around to buy my Xterra. I wanted a silver Xterra with a sunroof. At the time, my credit wasn't the greatest and I couldn't afford it. So the guy tells me "I can put you in a Frontier and you can use that as a trade-in when your credit is better." He thought I was totally nuts when I told him "I don't want a Frontier, if I did I would have asked you to show me one." I told him that I had absolutely no problem getting back into my 12 year old Sentra and driving home and that's exactly what I did. When I did buy my Xterra you better believe I didn't go back to that dealership! All he wanted to do was line his pocket with a sale, who cares if I get what I wanted. When it's other situations, it's probably because they're lazy.
I guess, that's may not a game but a trick, a business trick. You just can not prevent them as long as try to buy some goods, no matter how small. I have met with that too. Then what should we do? Search for the same thing in different stores, it may takes a little long time, however it helps. Good luck.