DId you ever have a favorite school lunch?

@beckyomg1 (6758)
The lunches these days are much different they when i went to school. the kids have alot more choices now. when i went to school you had two choices. the main meal they served or a sandwich. I only had a couple of the lucnhes that i really liked. I think turkey and gravy over mashed tatos was my favorite though.
@Jshean20 (14367)
Panzerotti - I used to love ordering a panzerotti every Thursday when I was in Highschool.
When I was in highschool they had panzerotti day every Thursday, I really liked that.
@beckyomg1 (6758)
what is that. i have never heard of it. just wondering what it is and whats in it.
@lauriefnp (5112)
You're right, the school lunch programs have sure changed a lot since I went to school. We used to receive a calendar every month with the ONE meal of the day on it- if you didn't want that, there was ONE alternate, which was a sandwich (and you didn't get to pick what kind of sandwich, either). Pizza was my favorite, of course. Back then there wasn't a pizzeria on every corner and families didn't eat pizza for meals often, so pizza was a treat. Most of the time my mother made my lunch and I brought it in. Besides pizza, I don't think that I liked much that they had to serve.
@beckyomg1 (6758)
THats great, i use to like the pizza too, I know two choices thats it that we use to have.
no, all the school lunches were gross
@beckyomg1 (6758)
did you bring your lunch. what did you like to have if you brought yours. was there anything special that you brought.
@DizzyGrl (194)
My favorite school lunch was pizza which was every Wednesday. The lunch ticket line was always the longest on Wednesdays and I remember getting to school early so I didn't end up at the end. My other favorite was the breakfast lunch. It would be french toast sticks with a sausage patty and some apple sauce. The syrup was so sugary, now that I think back on it. But it sure was yummy when I was little!
@beckyomg1 (6758)
our pizza day was friday. i dont think that we ever had breakfast lunch when i went to school. now they serve breakfast and lunch at school i think that when i went to school it would have been nice to have both. i look at the kids menus now and some stuff looks really good.