I'm in a bit of a panic and in need of some ideas!!!

@Humbug25 (12551)
My son is having a birthday party on the 10th January and has very kindly invited 20 kids to come!! We are holding it at a hall but apart from pass the parcel, musical bumps, musical statues and food of course...what do I do with a bunch of 7/8 year old (mainly boys) for the next hour and a half? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
If you have already thought about group games than the best thing is putting them a movie that they might enjoy. What about the movie cars? My son used to watch it quite a couple of times. Well it might be an old film for them and being ten years old I guess they would prefer to watch something else. What about an entertainer, a magician to brighten up their party?
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi ronaldinu Well as I have hired a hall for the party I wouldn't want to drag a tv and dvd player down there and I can't really go to the expense of an entertainer not so close after Christmas!!! LOL Thanks for your suggestions though and response
@riyasam (16574)
i think a train set would suffice .children of that age like electronic vehicles especially trains.The Donkey's Tail You will need : Picture of a donkey with a missing tail A donkey tail A blindfold Blindfold each of the player (one at a time ) and spun around three times. They are then pointed in the general direction of the donkey. The kids have to try and pin the tail in the right place. Whoever is closest to the given target wins.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hello there riyasam Ah yes pin the tail on the donkey. Our local store used to sell that game, I will have to pop in and see if they still have it! Thanks for your response
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I don't think that I could cope with this without help - a lot of help. I only use to let the boys invite the same number as their age. Your're going to be eight so you can invite 8 friends. Do you live in a cold place? My first grandchild was eight last Saturday but her Mommy arranged a pool party at Margaritaville and they provided pizza, chicken nuggets, fish nuggets, popcorn and drinks. Joelle's Mommy brought the cake and candles etc. It really wasn't that expensive. I'm sorry, I do not have any suggestions. Blessings
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi there cynthiann Don't worry I haven't lost the plot completely I have got a couple of friends and my mum to help out!! I think this will be the first and last large party he will have and his brother's can have one for their 8th birthday's and that will be it! Next time it will be a trip to the cinema or to dinner for him and a friend and that will be it! Thanks for responding
@bunnybon7 (37905)
• Holiday, Florida
maybe have a pinyada. dont know how its spelled but the spanish kids here always have it. its fun. filled with candies and they blindfold each one to hit it with a stick till it bursts. maybe have someone do a magic show. or take them bowling.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi there bunnybon7 Oh yes, a pinata, hmmm a bunch of enthuastic 8 year old boys and a stick, blind folded? Maybe not such a good idea but it was a good thought - thanks. Thanks for your response