Do you like alcohol in your cake ?

@ronnyb (6125)
Jamaica
This is the season when many person are baking.Where I am from person normally put alcohol in their cakes to give it that added flavor and to aid in the preservation (I am told). Have you ever put alcohol in your cakes and if so what types and amounts have you uesd ? If you dont like it ,then please state your reason and if you have never tried it then please do so and tell me. Hint : Jamaican rum is the best alcohol to use ,gives it a nice consistency and flavor
@suzzy3 (8418)
I put Metaxa brandy for greece in my christmas cake and when to lid comes of the tin it knocks your head off.Made my mate one as well and she has to keep it in a tin as well ,can not wait to try it.
@ronnyb (6125)
• Jamaica
Mextaxa brandy,that sounds heavy,I hope you enjoy that but remember dont drink and drive lol.Thank you for your response
@suzzy3 (8418)
Thank for my BR.xx
@ronnyb (6125)
• Jamaica
It was earned Suzzy .Thank you
@modstar (9617)
I had this chocolate cake before, i'm not sure if it's the one they called Rhum Cake. It was great though the rhum wan't evident in the taste. My mom complained that maybe there's no rhum in it because the one she tasted before was "rhummy" and tastes good. Well i don't really drink so i'm not sure if a strong rhum taste in cakes will appeal to me.
@modstar (9617)
I remember now, i think it's called Rhumble.