Clearing out

@Anne18 (11036)
Have you started sorting out the old to make room for the new yet? Some of you will know that I took a lot of stuff from my twins bedroom to the charity shop, there choice, I was going to do the sorting out before they went back to school. Eldest son had a big clear out a while back when we decroted his room. Today we got the children to TRY and sort out the videos in the cupboard, there was only one they all agreed on to get rid of!!! We, that is hubby and I tidied the cd shelves up a while back as they were so full and we couldn't really find anything. We did give some to the charity shop and decided the ones we didn't listen to to put in the cupboard so we may have more chance of listening to some on the shelf. Hubby decided as they were in front of the children's videos to sort them out and get rid of some. Now the way we do this is he sorts through, puts in a pile and then I go through and if there are any I want to keep I take them out and put them back. Well today I put half back what he wanted to throw away, which is pretty good really. That's it now until christmas is been and gone and then I do tend to start on our bedroom cupboards, I need to make space to sort all these birthday and christmas gifts I am going ot buy early!!!!!
@winterose (39918)
I have gotten rid of a few clothes, and I still need to get rid of more, to make room, hopefully I will have it all done by the early new year.
@suzzy3 (8362)
Yes we had a good clear out.My son decided to clear out his room,"what a mess it is in he said,it is disgusting" " Yes I replied,I told you six months ago to clean the room before I went back in there" so we had bag after bag of rubbish coming out of there.He cleaned the furniture and hoovered the floor and washed the paintwork,now I can do more than change his bedding.He had been moaning he could not see his floor and I said you let it get that way.So we had old toys and books to the charity shop,cloths to my friend with a son younger than mine.We have normal turnouts in the rest of the house and things get sent to the charity shop,as and when.It was nice to see his room look so nice and he says he will never let it get that bad again.The only thing was I was so sad to see his boyhood packed into boxes and sent away.We put some special things in the loft.
@suzzy3 (8362)
Thank you for my BR.x
@suspenseful (40316)
I do not go for that sort out thing ritual, because I do not have enough money to replace the things I have to get rid of. I go by the date method. Like we keep our income tax files for seven years and after that, they get shredded, we usually shred our utility and other receipts unless they are needed for warranties. I get rid of my yearly address books when I get a new one. I get rid of the vhs tapes when I have a dvd of that particular movie. If my kitchen stuff is scrappy, and I get new replacements, I will give the old stuff to value village, the same with old clothes that do not fit, etc. I got rid of some old magazines because much of the stuff was repeated in them over the years. I figure if it took me a while to save for what I got, I am less likely to get rid of it. And I would never get rid of my dvds or my cds. I love music too much.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Well, from time to time we have to sort thru our stuff as well, and decide what to give away, etc. as well. I am always finding stuff that we no longer need. What I will usually do is give it away via the Freecycle group, or find a friend or someone first, and then if that fails will give it to goodwill or something as well. If it is something nicer sometimes I will try and sell it cheap to someone or offer it up on Craigslist as well.
@kun2349 (23475)
YEah, new year is coming, and cleaning up is a must.. hehe ^_^ Looks like i need to clear out my old things soon too, to make space in my room, as i's a little messy now.. lol =D But i wont be clearing like u and your hubby.. haha.. I will make sure i really throw out everything, because if i were to keep it aside again, i know i will not be using them again.. lol =D Happy new year ^_^
@se7enthbird (8328)
wow i wish i have money to buy new ones.... for sure i will get rid of the old ones to give space to the new. har har har. the only things that we can sort to give space for the new are the toys of my child. he got a few new ones as gifts and we need to sorth out his toys. i am envy that you are going to buy new ones
@LittleMel (14055)
I was trying to clear up my home from old inventory I bought for my small business no luck in that yet although I sell them cheaply on ebay I'd like to sell my husband's unused stuffs in garage sale but he is very upset when I told him this so I am gonna have to put up with them I guess
Hi there Anne18! Well, early this month, I have sorted out some of my stuffs at work. We were instructed to start clearing our lockers to prepare for our transfer to another building second week of January 2009. I am planning to do some cleaning in my room too. I am getting rid of a lot of things to make some space for other stuffs. My mom also told me to start cleaning my room so that it will be in good condition should I leave anytime soon (for a new job somewhere abroad). I think she has a point... LOL!
@gemini_rose (16193)
We did do some clearing out of old toys but I had cleared many of the rubbish ones out throughout the year so there is not really much left to get rid of. Luckily they did not get too many toys this year as they wanted nintendo ds's so it was not too bad, they have had a lot of money each though from their nan so I guess they will get all their toys when they spend that, eek.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi Anne18 Well I had a good clear out in November so that my boys didn't open their toy boxes and notice when they put their new stuff in there. They would just see a gap in their boxes and think aw that's good all my new stuff fits in and then their toy boxes won't be opened for another 12 months probably!! LOL
I haven't had a chance to do this because no one wants to get rid of anything here and everything just piles up. The only stuff that I can really get rid of without any problems is the stuff that I myself own. I've been working on cleaning out my books since summer and that's not gone so bad. But the thing is so many things in this house need to go. Clothes, books and other useless crap and I know it will never full go because no one can bear to part with anything regardless of how much it's never used.
@savypat (20246)
I'll start think about this the day after Christmas, not yet. I first have to get my house picked up and food ready to go on the table. Merry Christmas
This is what I call cupboard cleaning. Well, since we just moved into a new house, there isn't much to throw away. But, I really would like to pay some attention to my clothes cupboard. There is too much in there that I would like to discard. Cheers and happy mylotting
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
i don't believe i'll have a big enough christmas to get rid of things.i'm not much of a pack rat anyway. lol